England

Yorkie

8 minutes ago, HTT II said:

He’s a great centre-forward/player, but the German league isn’t the highest in terms of standard, Bayern have been dominant and the likes of Kane do it a club that isn’t ons the the elite clubs, that’s the difference IMO. Having said that he would have bossed it in the PL. 

Lewandowski is a better player and overall has played better in this game 

Invited that pressure. Poor finish to the game.

Would have taken a point at start of the game but feels like a disappointing end now.

Think we have been pedestrian at times. 
Too tentative around the box and indecisive at times.

Still to not play so well and still be unbeaten is something I suppose 

13 minutes ago, HTT II said:

He’s a great centre-forward/player, but the German league isn’t the highest in terms of standard, Bayern have been dominant and the likes of Kane do it a club that isn’t ons the the elite clubs, that’s the difference IMO. Having said that he would have bossed it in the PL. 

Lewandowski has probably been the best player in the world the last 18 months or so. 

Hmm, annoying. Questionable defending at the end there but we didn't do enough in their half all game really. Even the goal wasn't in keeping with our play and probably fortunate that it went in at all. Too much persistence trying to force something out of Grealish and Mount when, in practice, that was never threatening Poland. Too one dimensional tonight, hopefully a valuable lesson learned. 

1 minute ago, Jaqen said:

Lewandowski has probably been the best player in the world the last 18 months or so. 

I’m not denying he’s great, as he is, and underrated in many ways, but you have to factor in he’s been in a one team dominant league. Again he’d have bossed it in the PL no doubt, but Kane would do stupid numbers in that Bayern side even more so IMO and as for England we are so good even when not so good if that makes sense, but to concede like that is poor. Still we are coasting this qualification. We need to fix that midfield though, and Kane needs better support or someone to play up with. 

I think overall, we look really solid. Quite well balanced as a team. But fuck we are ponderous on the ball. Seem to always want to run it into an area for no reason, check back and then start again. Or Kane, Sterling, Grealish and co want 4-5 touches and try and do a lot in tight spaces. Never seems like we play the right pass, or early enough or with enough pace. 

Might be a bit harsh to single him out. As he finished the game quite strongly. But I swear Mount just disappears from games and I don’t particularly like watching him. 

Anyway, happy with that result. As my Grandad was Polish. So always had a big soft spot for them. 

Lewandowski was far better than Kane in the general play of the game tonight and is far better in general. Kane was lethargic as he has been for a long time outside his goal which admittedly was a brilliant strike

Just now, triggs said:

Lewandowski was far better than Kane in the general play of the game tonight and is far better in general. Kane was lethargic as he has been for a long time outside his goal which admittedly was a brilliant strike

He is far better than Kane. 

2 minutes ago, triggs said:

Kane’s link up play and hold up play is usually really good. Seems to be spending more and more time out the box, from what I can see. He was poor tonight, bar the goal. 

Lewandowski is pigeon holed as a 9 and just a bit of a poacher, box player. But I’m always impressed with his all round game. Especially as he has never had much pace and isn’t really physically dominant. Fucking love him, mind. So I’m biased. Been my favourite player for a while. 

3 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

I don't understand why Pickford is our number 1.  It's not even about him being short, you need a calm head in nets and he is crackers.  It also helps on penalty shootouts if you don't have 12 inch arms.

He's been fine for England and done pretty well in two penalty shootouts so it's a bit of a strange comment

Who would you rather have as number 1?

Just now, Lush Vlad said:

Kane’s link up play and hold up play is usually really good. Seems to be spending more and more time out the box, from what I can see. He was poor tonight, bar the goal. 

Lewandowski is pigeon holed as a 9 and just a bit of a poacher, box player. But I’m always impressed with his all round game. Especially as he has never had much pace and isn’t really physically dominant. Fucking love him, mind. So I’m biased. Been my favourite player for a while. 

His control and link play is unreal, even when he’s being hassled. Always manages to get something on a ball and flick it or bring it down. Fantastic player.