England

Yorkie

5 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Mount is bang average, agree on the rest!

Nah agree with an awful lot you post but can't agree with this. Mount is an excellent young player with bags of potential. What is his best position, now that is another matter.

More than bang average, way more.

3 minutes ago, George Bailey said:

Nah agree with an awful lot you post but can't agree with this. Mount is an excellent young player with bags of potential. What is his best position, now that is another matter.

More than bang average, way more.

I disagree, he’s neat and tidy, but offers nothing creatively, compare and contrast to Grealish and Foden. He’s nothing special at all, bang average in terms of being an England regular. 

In comparison with Grealish and Foden I would tend to agree that he is (at the moment) behind them in terms of his development and at times contributions.

But in terms of English midfielders/forward players I think the lad is fully deserving of his place in the England squad at the moment.

Personally I want to see the English midfield built around Bellingham in the years to come. He is the real deal for me.

With Grealish, Foden, Mount, Phillips, Rice,Sterling, Saka et al...what a future we could and should have.

Just now, George Bailey said:

In comparison with Grealish and Foden I would tend to agree that he is (at the moment) behind them in terms of his development and at times contributions.

But in terms of English midfielders/forward players I think the lad is fully deserving of his place in the England squad at the moment.

Personally I want to see the English midfield built around Bellingham in the years to come. He is the real deal for me.

With Grealish, Foden, Mount, Phillips, Rice,Sterling, Saka et al...what a future we could and should have.

Now you’re talking RE Bellingham, Mount is just another Dier or Winks for me, a nothing player going forward or defensively, just neat and tidy but si he should be at this level. He’ll be at an Everton or a West Ham or a Villa in the next few years.

Mount is a good player for Chelsea without doubt, but bang average for England if that. There is no reason he has to be a regular in the team sheet - I’ve said before it’s a typical English attitude in sport to be favouring the model pro and conservative options while being cynical of someone more maverick. For all Southgate has got right (quite a lot imo), it was pretty clear Grealish and Foden (and perhaps others) should have got more pitch time ahead of Mount in the Euros. 

Grealish is brilliant and his stats back that up. Not sure why some people are so keen to show he’s overrated. 

5 minutes ago, ElDiablo said:

Why does Walker never overlap? Crying out for someone to make a late run to take a player away when we have it out wide.

Same reason Southgate has Kane playing on the halfway line. Absolutely dreadful football and scared to attack. We’ll win fuck all despite having a class squad.

6 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Same reason Southgate has Kane playing on the halfway line. Absolutely dreadful football and scared to attack. We’ll win fuck all despite having a class squad.

It's all very predictable, every one in their set position and little by way of ingenuity or risk.