England

Yorkie

15 minutes ago, Pata said:

Donnarumma, Barella and one or two of the CBs imo.

Edit. Didn't notice 'squad' but those would be starting.

Aye, that's probably fair. Chisea and Verratti too when fit. Not sure about Donnarumma though, think he's been pretty poor since he left Milan and always got a massive error in him.

playing players that are out of form.

playing players who arent match fit due to lack of game time for their clubs.

playing players out of position.

and just being fucking negative in general.

should have got rid after that abomination of a managerial performance in the euros final.

Edited by huss9

Said at the time he should have gone after the Euros.

not because he deserved to be sacked but more that he wouldn’t be able to raise the team again. Like losing the play off final, it’s hard to go again. Players needed a change of voice as well.

we’ll get out of the group but quarters max in the WC then he will bow out.

51 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Just had to look up the Nations League format again to see what relegated meant. Fuck me this competition is garbage :lol: 

Why? Infinitely better than 100% meaningless friendlies.

I don’t like this idea Southgate fluked his way through major tournaments, but you can’t mention his record without acknowledging the opposition. We clearly did get favourable runs in both 2018 and 2020 and every win we had you’d expect on paper, especially as we were virtually the home team in the Euros. Losing to Croatia in 2018 I’m not too disappointed by as they had an insanely good midfield, but that 2020 final at Wembley was really disappointing and Southgate should rightly get criticism for that. 

Also for balance I really like what he’s done for the team off the pitch if nothing else - it’s pretty clear he’s had a lot of positive influences on the squad and the fans and their value can’t be underestimated for big tournaments. I just think tactically he’s really poor and as such he’s got a ceiling and won’t take us further.

However, I would happily be proven wrong and hope we’ve lowered expectations so much, that it might help the team somehow go on and win the World Cup…

51 minutes ago, Pata said:

Why? Infinitely better than 100% meaningless friendlies.

Friendlies are at least "known" to be that . . meaningless practice matches.

This effectively pointless, unwanted, tournament is trying to be a tournament, but actually ends up meaningless.

I prefer the 'honesty' of friendlies, that I can happily ignore.

4 minutes ago, manorpark said:

Friendlies are at least "known" to be that . . meaningless practice matches.

This effectively pointless, unwanted, tournament is trying to be a tournament, but actually ends up meaningless.

I prefer the 'honesty' of friendlies, that I can happily ignore.

It might seem 100% meaningless to big countries like England but it's pretty important to smaller nations who don't automatically qualify to every tournament. I really don't understand how someone could choose friendlies over the Nations League format.

Just now, Pata said:

It might seem 100% meaningless to big countries like England but it's pretty important to smaller nations who don't automatically qualify to every tournament. I really don't understand how someone could choose friendlies over the Nations League format.

I was talking from our countries (and my own) perspective, and my post says it all.