England

Yorkie

So this squad has the possibility to play in the World Cup and the next Euros, that's very promising. Add to that the emergence of other players (willock anyone?!) and we can only get stronger and more experienced. It's a great time to be an England fan after so many years of disappointments. 

Also I can't think of many other nations who are similar to us in regards to our squad, most seem to be getting weaker as their top players get older or at least staying at the same level. 

Southgate certainly isn't a Pep or Sir Alex, but I do think he's a really good fit for this England team. 

Imagine being Rashford and seeing the shit player's like Sterling have taken, hearing all the complaints of footballers being selfish and obsessed with bling. Not caring, forgetting their roots, not respecting the fans who pay their wages etc and going on to campaign for poor families who are struggling to feed their children, amongst lots of other amazing things and then an arsehole says "penalties not politics" and you don't just burn the world to the ground but still manage to be articulate, passionate and apologetic for kicking a ball wrong.

Fucking hell. I mean seriously how do you do that? How do you just not loose your shit at the insanity of people holding a grudge because you made sure poor children got fed? 

Also aware of the longest sentence ever but had to rant.

It just shows how much extra people of colour have to do and how much of an extra burden they have to carry.

Rashford has reacted exceptionally well but I’m sure he’s built up the ability to withstand racism and trolling because of the many racist things that he will have experienced and the racist ideas that are all over the place. 

Can only imagine that it's because they know how well they're admired amongst the general public and in their communities without all of the media noise. Knowing that people like Darren Grimes are on the right wing grift in a way that's familiar to them through their experiences with shit like TalkSport probably helps as well. In some very specific ways, we really do live in a different era now for the better - as scummy, hypocritical, and pandering as the sun is for doing it, they're more or less forced to put out a 'we've got your back' headline because that's the nations mood now and we're all paying attention over the next few days.

Edited by kisearch

Yeah, TBH I’d rather have this stuff out in the open to a certain extent, so there’s an opportunity to respond or people are pressed for a reaction. 

Obviously I don’t have to actually be a target, so it’s easy for me to say. 

11 hours ago, Scotty66 said:

So this squad has the possibility to play in the World Cup and the next Euros, that's very promising. Add to that the emergence of other players (willock anyone?!) and we can only get stronger and more experienced. It's a great time to be an England fan after so many years of disappointments. 

Also I can't think of many other nations who are similar to us in regards to our squad, most seem to be getting weaker as their top players get older or at least staying at the same level. 

Southgate certainly isn't a Pep or Sir Alex, but I do think he's a really good fit for this England team. 

Willock's a great shout for the squad.

14 hours ago, bigfella said:

I'd vote for him.

I've come to the conclusion recently, that Labour needs to elect an already loved celebrity as leader, if they ever want to win another election. 

Why not Rashford?

Burnham.

I mean Bo, of course.

13 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

It just shows how much extra people of colour have to do and how much of an extra burden they have to carry.

Rashford has reacted exceptionally well but I’m sure he’s built up the ability to withstand racism and trolling because of the many racist things that he will have experienced and the racist ideas that are all over the place. 

The thing is though, they're not carrying it. They're confronting it head on, and I'm loving it. It's the only way. The racists are losing.