England

Yorkie

Welcome to the way I feel. I've come to the conclusion it would be better to be a small country and just enjoy being in it rather than having four years of hope ripped away in a matter of approximately 90minutes.

Welcome to the way I feel. I've come to the conclusion it would be better to be a small country and just enjoy being in it rather than having four years of hope ripped away in a matter of approximately 90minutes.

You're probably not going to get much sympathy here :lol:

You're probably not going to get much sympathy here :lol:

:lol: I should.

Any idea what they're talking about?

No Surrender nonsense, possibly:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-cup/2018/07/12/fifa-investigates-possible-discriminatory-chants-england-fans/

Fifa did not disclose the nature of the chants but cries of “No surrender” were clearly audible from the England end of the ground during the national anthem at Wednesday night’s semi-final.

“We can confirm that a report has been filed through the anti-discrimination monitoring system in relation to chants of a possible discriminatory nature by English fans at yesterday’s match,” Fifa said in a statement.

“Subsequently, disciplinary proceedings have been opened against the Football Association.”

It is unclear whether the “No surrender” chant - an anti-IRA slogan - would be deemed a breach of Fifa rules on discrimination.

It's the sort of shit heard at Orange Walks, not the greatest of associations. 

Guest firetotheworks

Was Perisic's goal a shot or a finish, btw?

[emoji38] it was both mate. Bit too casual for my tastes though, like Perez.

I criticised Iniesta's shooting. Clearly this isn't about finishing. Clearly there can be a distinction between them. Clearly you're a donkey.

Yes you criticized a player's shooting a KEY component of being good at finishing.  You de facto have to be good at shooting to be good at finishing. Good shots go in, because they are good. I can't beleive I'm actually having this discussion, its completely ridiculous. Shooting isn't just hitting a ball, its directing it. People who aren't good at shooting don't score goals. I'm out though, this is ludicrous.

Load of drivel. Yes, do fuck off. [emoji38]

You're a fucking moron like.

Guest The Little Waster

We are a small country 🙃

I was angry last night but I just feel a bit despondent today, the old "stay in bed, drift away" mentality. It's the fucking hope that kills, as I've not felt so interested in England in years.

Guest firetotheworks

Him and that rat at right back were absolutely rank. I fucking hate Lovren, he's a slapstick defender.

He’s been chipping in too.

What a snivelling sack of shit. I hope France completely embarrass them.

Guest firetotheworks

All I keep thinking is 'square it to Sterling' - 2-0 at half time and it's done and dusted.

Guest firetotheworks

It's just completely unnecessary. You don't jip a team you've just beaten who did nothing for you to retaliate against in the first place. At the risk of sounding like a Makem, it properly lacks class.

Are there any other countries that get this kind of weird bitterness fron their opponents? :lol:

It's something i've noticed among fans across the internet during the WC as well. There's a weird hatred i can't quite explain for a team which have been pretty shit for more than a decade.

I got the feeling that they were desperate for us to get knocked out.

Guest firetotheworks

And that's without even getting onto the bit where their own football is absolutely nothing to write home about.

Guest Howaythetoon

I was angry last night but I just feel a bit despondent today, the old "stay in bed, drift away" mentality. It's the fucking hope that kills, as I've not felt so interested in England in years.

This

Guest firetotheworks

Are there any other countries that get this kind of weird bitterness fron their opponents? [emoji38]

It's something i've noticed among fans across the internet during the WC as well. There's a weird hatred i can't quite explain for a team which have been pretty shit for more than a decade.

I got the feeling that they were desperate for us to get knocked out.

Probably because we have more absolute cunts in our fanbase tarnishing us all than other countries have. That's my perception of it. Some cunt's jumping on someone's car? Fuck him, I don't want his team to win. That sort of thing.

Are there any other countries that get this kind of weird bitterness fron their opponents? :lol:

I think we underestimate the perception of our media beyond our borders.  I mean, we generally think our media is the pits, imagine what the rest do.  Most of it does seem to be digs at the media and their portrayal of us as winners in the making, rather than say having a dig at our players or manager.

As I'm in Scotland, I get reminded of these things quite frequently by the locals.  I am/We are almost expected to take the shite because some cunt in the media is hyping us up or mentioned 1966.

This what I was saying the other day, people love beating England.  I might have been wrong about the motivation (PL connection), but they clearly took the humph due to the coverage they got, "have struggled against nobodies" type shit, like we were out there putting out Brazil and Germany or something.