Latest Fans Forum 'minutes' released

JJ7

Sorry if people like him or whatever, I just can't get on with the whole hoying a few spreadsheets of dubious figures onto twitter and then acting like he's cracked the inner workings of the club from it like he often does. :lol:

Obviously the club's shite, I agree with that. Just don't his whole shtick.

Sorry if people like him or whatever, I just can't get on with the whole hoying a few spreadsheets of dubious figures onto twitter and then acting like he's cracked the inner workings of the club from it like he often does. [emoji38]

:thup:

Guest neesy111

major investment in the summer of 16/17, ffs - what about the sales that funded it and the net profit!!!!

We did get relegated tbf.  Not many teams go down and spend money.  Our income probably halved in the championship.

major investment in the summer of 16/17, ffs - what about the sales that funded it and the net profit!!!!

We did get relegated tbf.  Not many teams go down and spend money.  Our income probably halved in the championship.

I thought we ended up around £40m up in transfer dealings for the summer we got relegated?

Guest neesy111

I thought we ended up around £40m up in transfer dealings for the summer we got relegated?

We did, still not enough to cover the short-fall of getting relegated.  We did have to get a loan of Mike Ashley for £30m to help cover costs for the 2nd half of the season.

We did, still not enough to cover the short-fall of getting relegated.  We did have to get a loan of Mike Ashley for £30m to help cover costs for the 2nd half of the season.

I wouldn't have thought many other clubs who get relegated would have the luxury of being able to sell almost £100m worth of players and then go on to play in front of 52000 sell out crowds all season. I'm surprised that he had to loan the club a further £30m to cover costs for half a season on top of that. Not sure how Villa have survived 2 years in the Championship with similar costs and far lower revenue.

I wouldn't have thought many other clubs who get relegated would have the luxury of being able to sell almost £100m worth of players and then go on to play in front of 52000 sell out crowds all season. I'm surprised that he had to loan the club a further £30m to cover costs for half a season on top of that. Not sure how Villa have survived 2 years in the Championship with similar costs and far lower revenue.

Loans from their owner, like us. They also have fuck all to spend now.

It just doesn't ring true to me. We were supposed to cash rich after making large profits in the previous years leading up to relegation so where did all that money disappear to?

Let's just say when it comes to Mike Ashley I'm very sceptical.

Guest neesy111

It just doesn't ring true to me. We were supposed to cash rich after making large profits in the previous years leading up to relegation so where did all that money disappear to?

We spent £85m in the season we went down without recouping much.

We spent £85m in the season we went down without recouping much.

That was very much the exception to the rule if you look at the past Decade. I don't think there's many clubs with a smaller net spend than us over that period. Works out at £4m per season or thereabouts and well less the the clubs around us.

The club made the point in the forum that the transfer fees reported in the media were 'often inaccurate' btw. Whether that's just them covering things up (likely, given their history) or means that where we all think the net spend should be is wrong, remains to be seen.

• 3 months later...

Sorry if people like him or whatever, I just can't get on with the whole hoying a few spreadsheets of dubious figures onto twitter and then acting like he's cracked the inner workings of the club from it like he often does. [emoji38]

Find this a tad disappointing since you were the one that suggested  I hoy my dubious figures into a blog ten years back.

Major issue I have is the whole visibility on the timing of cash flow injections from the PL prize money, TV money, sponsorships etc. and how on earth they are unable to speculate or use any sort of line of credit or loan (even from MA with interest) to actually spend money that will eventually be paid to the club. Sadly there isn’t a desire to run the club like a proper football business nor does there seem to be any proper business folks working for the club who can use their brains to maximize the club’s value whilst still being prudent and within their means (if that’s what they fucking care about so much)

Find this a tad disappointing since you were the one that suggested  I hoy my dubious figures into a blog ten years back.

Keep on keeping on, man. :thup:

Keep on keeping on, man. :thup:

It's fair enough tbh.  I cringe at anything I wrote more than a week myself  :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...