Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

I like him but with Ronaldo. He's never a Benitez striker.

He doesn't complement Rafa's system, but let's be honest, we don't have the quality in any position to suit Rafa's system. It goes without saying that we will struggle at times this season.

Mitro is a great one to have on the bench to change things up a little.

Unless we can get better for the same price I'd keep him for this year.

The one I'd sell would be Perez, you'd get the most money for him, he flatters to deceive and is easily marked out of a game.

And yet he's shown about ten times as much end product as Mitrovic has. Even Perez having a "poor" season last year, he contributed far and away more.

Guest neesy111

The one I'd sell would be Perez, you'd get the most money for him, he flatters to deceive and is easily marked out of a game.

6 months ago I would had agreed in selling him, but I thought he ended the season very well.

He has already developed slightly by cutting out the ridiculous red and yellow cards.

I like Mitro, but the cynic in me would say that is mainly to do with the team not being on the back foot, chasing games or being under pressure as much.

We'll soon find out this season.

And yet he's shown about ten times as much end product as Mitrovic has. Even Perez having a "poor" season last year, he contributed far and away more.

Not going to argue that at all, but I can easily believe we've seen the best Perez has to offer us. I really hope I'm wrong like, but I don't think he'll give us much in the Premier League. I may as well go all in and say 'lacks bottle' - Tim Flowers.

I don't think either Ayoze or Mitro will ever be consistently good PL players, but we can't sell everyone.

I probably rate Mitro's potential higher than most people, I don't think he's a bad player. Sell if we're getting someone better, but that's a slightly silly thing to say since it applies to every player ever.

We do have a difficult job on to sign a forward who is good enough to have an impact but happy enough to be second choice to Gayle. Unless we go big on a number one, which I don't think we will.

I don't think either Ayoze or Mitro will ever be consistently good PL players, but we can't sell everyone.

I probably rate Mitro's potential higher than most people, I don't think he's a bad player. Sell if we're getting someone better, but that's a slightly silly thing to say since it applies to every player ever.

We do have a difficult job on to sign a forward who is good enough to have an impact but happy enough to be second choice to Gayle. Unless we go big on a number one, which I don't think we will.

I don't think we will either, and I'm not sure Gayle would be as prepared to be the second choice. He's been patient throughout his career and waited for his chance. And when his chance came he has taken it. He has earned the right to be our first choice next season.

His injury proneness means we need an adequate replacement though, and I don't think Mitro is that.

I see Mitro as another option, rather than a back up.

Thing with Mitrovic. He scored 9 in his debut season.

In the past we have raved about players who have perhaps only done a tad more.

I think with him,most of us note the amount of missed chances or simple chances he wastes.

Since our last promotion, players best seasons.

Ba  16

Remy  14

Nolan  12

Carroll  11

Cisse  11

Mitrovic  9

Ayoze  7

Its not that terrible, if he could put away the chances he wastes he could have improved that record.

Guest firetotheworks

That's all well and good, but we can't afford the age excuse. We were relegated during his development last time, and he hasn't improved since. If it ends up clicking with him then fair enough, but I'd happily let it happen elsewhere, rather than take that risk based on very little.

What development?

He was never afforded any time to develop, he came in as one for the future and within weeks he was given the responsibility of being the man that would get us the premiership goals we needed to survive.

You might say that with a 12million price tag, we should expect him to be up to it, but then you remember that 22 years ago we spent £15 million on the man for that job.

I don't really disagree with any of that, but you've only really described the problem. It's not necessarily his fault that he was thrown in at the deep end, but if the club's only willing to pay for potential and not nurture it while there's an alternative, then what's the point? We already know that we have to lose players to bring new ones in, so if it's a simple choice between him and Rafa bringing in a new striker, the latter is the obvious choice.

Guest firetotheworks

That's all well and good, but we can't afford the age excuse. We were relegated during his development last time, and he hasn't improved since. If it ends up clicking with him then fair enough, but I'd happily let it happen elsewhere, rather than take that risk based on very little.

I understand this, but I don't understand it at the same time. He's not our main striker, he's young and developing, yet people are giving up after two seasons? His hold up play is decent, he's in the right places to get chances at goal but is let down by his finishing at the moment. It's not as if he's totally useless. Who would you want within the team to take his place?

I think you're being kind there, he's our second striker so he's likely to feature in most matches next season. Considering our need to take chances when they come along, he's a big risk based on both season's of his terrible finishing. Granted, he's young, but we're not in a position to nurture, we need a degree of reliability that he simply doesn't have at the moment. To answer your question, I would want whoever Rafa wants to play in his system. It's no secret that I don't like Mitrovic as a player, but I'll concede that I'd have a lot more time for him if he was third in line, learning from mistakes and progressing behind the scenes/on loan/for the reserves, instead of being option 2 off the bench, or a Gayle injury away from starting.

Guest firetotheworks

6 months ago I would had agreed in selling him, but I thought he ended the season very well.

:thup: I thought he was incredibly disappointing and yet he still scored 15 ish and grabbed a fair few assists. I didn't rate Mitrovic at the start of last season and still massively overestimated his goal contribution for the season.

Perez only got 9 in the league but his contribution on the whole was absolutely vital, in spite of the fact he was a bit disappointing altogether (I thought he'd tear the Championship up). He's got plenty more going for him than Mitrovic though, who has virtually no goalscoring instinct whatsoever, in addition to no pace and no skill or flair. The guy's got a bit of physicality (which he doesn't really know how to use) and he's decent in the air. Just isn't gonna be enough in the PL and without those raw attributes, he isn't going to improve enough. Perez still might.

Get pelters for it, but I think we might have stayed up if he got the nod more over Cisse, who was absolutely atrocious and not worthy of his spot.

We only started getting results when Mitro didn't start games

I've still got no idea what Perez's position is like, but he was decent with flashes of brilliance from about Christmas onwards iirc. He was total shite before that. With his technique and finishing ability there'll always be the chance of him 'coming good' imo.

Mitrovic will never be a goalscorer and Rafa plays 1 striker taking £15m seems a no brainer.

I've still got no idea what Perez's position is like, but he was decent with flashes of brilliance from about Christmas onwards iirc. He was total s**** before that. With his technique and finishing ability there'll always be the chance of him 'coming good' imo.

Mitrovic will never be a goalscorer and Rafa plays 1 striker taking £15m seems a no brainer.

I remember Perez missing a hatful of chances against QPR (h). Think it was onwards from that game he was decent. Your point still stands, like.

To those who vote for Sell, please kindly suggest who to bring in for 15m within our reach, or who to loan in that really can do a job.

Is that a rule now for having an opinion that a player is not good and not worth keeping? We have to somehow know the availability of replacements/improvements? Seems like a silly requirement tbh. I'll just stick to thinking he's not worth keeping, ta.