Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

On the Periscope feed from the away stand, there was a patch of sustained chanting of his name. Can someone tell me why our fans are so desperate to see him play? Have we done this for any other players since HBA, who actually deserved chanting to be put onto the field?

On the Periscope feed from the away stand, there was a patch of sustained chanting of his name. Can someone tell me why our fans are so desperate to see him play? Have we done this for any other players since HBA, who actually deserved chanting to be put onto the field?

A section of our fans enjoy direct football where you fire the ball towards a big lad, and with Mitro being such an aggressive player it gets them pumped up just like him. It's exciting if sometimes not very effective.

A section of our fans enjoy direct football where you fire the ball towards a big lad, and with Mitro being such an aggressive player it gets them pumped up just like him. It's exciting if sometimes not very effective.

:lol: Got nowt to do with a lust for direct football man. It's just support for a player generally well liked for the effort he displays.

spoke volumes that he wasn't used at all last night imo.

Can't see much of a future at rafa's nufc for him unless something dramatically changes.

Have you been reading the Chronicle? :lol:

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rafa-benitezs-decision-leave-aleksandar-12046018

IMO, he wasn't used because he wasn't needed. If it was still 0-0 at 65/70 minutes then we'd have seen him. But we were controlling the game and didn't need to change anything which is why the subs came on late.

He'll have a part to play this season, but he cant drop Gayle when he is scoring so many goals.

Aye, he was brought on against Norwich becuase we needed to break them down and against Rotherham becuase they'd won about 40 corners. Probably the same thinking against Villa too as they were killing us in the air for the last 20 minutes. He gives us an outlet to hit when under pressure as well.

2-0 up against Barnsley he's probably thinking the pace of Atsu, Diame and Gayle can get in behind.

Guest Howaythetoon

He's not mobile enough for Rafa's one up front style of play nor opportunistic enough in front of goal so he's never going to figure much. I also really do believe Rafa see's him as some kind of liability in terms of on-field discipline which further compounds things.

He probably loves his work ethic and spirit, however.

To me Mitrovic just isn't very good. He's not piss poor, but equally he's not exactly good in any department despite some decent cameo moments at times.

A could seem him leaving on on loan in January if we are in a great position at the top and or being sold before next season if a decent offer comes in.

:lol: Got nowt to do with a lust for direct football man. It's just support for a player generally well liked for the effort he displays.

Aye, absolutely nothing to do with direct football like :lol:

In any case TRon with Shelvey, Gayle and Atsu/Ritchie we're naturally going to be fairly direct anyway, direct doesn't exactly mean we're randomly punting it up the pitch.

Everything goes through our midfield nowadays. We pretty much never had one a year ago.

Guest Howaythetoon

There's still 33 games left to be played this season :lol:

Baring injuries, can you see him getting much game time?

Wasn't really sustained chanting for him. He was warming up regularly on the sidelines and he was appreciating the support from the crowd for the team. Obviously his celebrations with Gayle's goals got him a good reception as well as he was only sub to join in really. His passion for the club on and off the pitch definitely serves him well with the fans as well as arriving with a big reputation for being a top prospect.

As well as getting a lot of love from fans, you've still got a large section that don't like him at all, it's quite split i reckon.

Wasn't really sustained chanting for him. He was warming up regularly on the sidelines and he was appreciating the support from the crowd for the team. Obviously his celebrations with Gayle's goals got him a good reception as well as he was only sub to join in really. His passion for the club on and off the pitch definitely serves him well with the fans as well as arriving with a big reputation for being a top prospect.

As well as getting a lot of love from fans, you've still got a large section that don't like him at all, it's quite split i reckon.

That explains it. If he was engaging with the crowd and warming up and joining in the celebrations, it makes sense the crowd would reciprocate. On my pixellated Periscope feed from the away stand I could barely make out who was who :lol:

He was warming up right in the corner to the side of away end, that's all rather than people chanting because they wanted him on.

Time to find another club,my old man.You are too much good player to be unused sub...or to be mascote for NUFC fans.Still so much you can give to some other club and Serbia

Just 1 question for others...What if Gayle pick up an injury or be sold on january?Other stars fleed after  first good ofer from Premiere ligue.

Time to find another club,my old man.You are too much good player to be unused sub...or to be mascote for NUFC fans.Still so much you can give to some other club and Serbia

Just 1 question for others...What if Gayle pick up an injury or be sold on january?Other stars fleed after  first good ofer from Premiere ligue.

Fair questions, but Mitro hasn't done enough in front of goal to justify the hefty price tag or compare his record to Gayle's (so far). We all know he has bags of potential, is young, new to (now two) foreign leagues, etc. And we know he brings a different aspect to our game. All his positive and negative attributes have been discussed to death here. If he were to leave, it won't be a great loss. I hope he stays and carves a place out for himself, but that's all upto Rafa.

Can't see much of a future at rafa's nufc for him unless something dramatically changes.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rafa-benitezs-decision-leave-aleksandar-12046018

IMO, he wasn't used because he wasn't needed. If it was still 0-0 at 65/70 minutes then we'd have seen him. But we were controlling the game and didn't need to change anything which is why the subs came on late.

He'll have a part to play this season, but he cant drop Gayle when he is scoring so many goals.

I didn't say drop gayle, it's obvious he can't at the minute, but the game was won and he'd warmed up for the majority of the second half. Why not stick him on if he likes him? Hard to see where his game time will come from imo. Don't think rafa feels he can trust him and that can only change with game time. Game time he isn't getting.

Aye, he was brought on against Norwich becuase we needed to break them down and against Rotherham becuase they'd won about 40 corners. Probably the same thinking against Villa too as they were killing us in the air for the last 20 minutes. He gives us an outlet to hit when under pressure as well.

2-0 up against Barnsley he's probably thinking the pace of Atsu, Diame and Gayle can get in behind.

He's got to start winning headers to become that  outlet you mention.

He's got to start winning headers to become that  outlet you mention.

:lol: wat