Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aleksandar-mitrovic-not-want-personal-12097973

Aleksandar Mitrovic played down personal glory after the 2-1 win against Preston North End.

The Serbian striker feels that all of his team-mates deserve praise after holding on to three precious points against Simon Grayson’s battlers.

Mitrovic took his tally to five goals for the season and has now netted four goals in a week against the Lilywhites.

But said after the game: “It was a very good night for us and it was a big three points. I scored two goals and it was really amazing.

“I don’t want to push myself with the goals, the best thing people can write is that we won like a team.

“We know that if we play like a team there will be one player who gets pushed and today it was me. We won and we got three points.

“A lot of teams will come here (Preston) and get points for sure. We have shown good mentality and character,

“We have shown we have learned from last season. Normally games like this we’d lose but we are showing good mentality.

“Maybe, we got a little luck but if we are going to win games we will need some of that.”

Newcastle are now six points clear in an automatic promotion spot and a whopping 10 clear in a play-off place - not bad for the end of October.

Mitrovic said: “It was a good three points from us and we’ll keep going.

“We have a few days to prepare for the next game but we know what we want from the season.

“We have to stay up at the top of the league and carry on.”

Preston staged a late rally at Deepdale but were unable to carve anything out of the game.

Mitrovic added: “We knew it is going to be a much harder game than the cup tie on Tuesday or 6-0.

“In the league game we knew they’d want to show their fans they didn’t deserve to lose 6-0.

“It was a hard game and we deserved to win.

“We showed a good mentality and that’s how we will win games.”

remember when we were rumoured to be signing him and there was all the shit about him thinking we were beneath him / would only sign for a CL team etc.? :lol:

doesn't seem like that type at all now he's here

I think he's grown up a lot in the last 12 months, he couldn't work with anyone better than Rafa to keep his feet on the ground. If he keeps banging them in,there's every chance he could bag a good few in the premier as well. He's still developing.