Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

If we can get near enough our money back I'd sell him in a shot.

Forget the stats, his poor goalscoring rate, his poor chance conversion % or his questionable temperament, I've watched him for 2 seasons now and it's clear that he's not good enough.

in a nutshell, end of  O0

Forget the stats, his poor goalscoring rate, his poor chance conversion % or his questionable temperament, I've watched him for 2 seasons now and it's clear that he's not good enough.

So you're judging a then 20 year old player from a season where the whole club was dogshit from top to bottom?

I will be first to say he needs to lose some weight and gain an extra yard, but he's far from a bad player.

I hope he stays. With a stronger overall team he could do better, especially a much stronger midfield creating more chances.

Head / Buried / Sand

You may well be right but do you have some stats to back up your position?

Just how many chances is he fluffing?

Or is he supposed to be doing something nobody else in the team was doing the year we got relegated or last season? We were piss poor in patches then too.

What stats do you want? My eyes tell me he's way short of what we need. Two seasons of underachievement and by fuck he's missed some sitters along the way....

So you're judging a then 20 year old player from a season where the whole club was dogshit from top to bottom?

I will be first to say he needs to lose some weight and gain an extra yard, but he's far from a bad player.

He has a cult following which you are clearly part of, I get that,  but so did Ameobi and he wasn't good enough either.

To my knowledge there's never been a centre forward with such a chronic lack of pace, coupled with poor finishing ability who has made a successful career for himself.

Judging by the amount of game time he had last season I think Rafa sees things the same way.

In the last two years he's scored 7 goals in 10 internationals. Using  Shearer's international record as an example (though among many reasons why this is an unfair comparison, 'Al S' didn't get his first cap until he was 22; 'Al M' is still 22) 'Al S' scored 5 goals in 13 appearances (1992-94). No not saying he is even in the same league; but you can only judge on what you see and absence of evidence (for quality) isn't evidence of absence. If he truly is Misstrovic how come he scores international goals?

In the last two years he's scored 7 goals in 10 internationals. Using  Shearer's international record as an example (though among many reasons why this is an unfair comparison, 'Al S' didn't get his first cap until he was 22; 'Al M' is still 22) 'Al S' scored 5 goals in 13 appearances (1992-94). No not saying he is even in the same league; but you can only judge on what you see and absence of evidence (for quality) isn't evidence of absence. If he truly is Misstrovic how come he scores international goals?

Because the standard is by and large lower than the Premier League. Same reason Kyle Lafferty can't get into a Championship team let alone a Premier League team.

they presumably play to his strengths to some degree, as we're never ever going to do that with rafa in charge get rid

Stupid argument. Newcastle don't play International football. David Healy had a really good goalscoring record at International Level. Didn't mean a thing at club level though where he was useless.

He took his goal well and deserves credit for it but I'll stand by what I said at the time, his general play was awful tonight and he looked dogshit tbh. Would love it if he just clicked and turned into the striker we all want him to be but it just doesn't look like happening imo.

No pace, no brain, barn door etc...

100% Agreed.

Guest neesy111

If Mitrovic had scored goals for us in a much inferior division then I'd be more inclined to keep him but he only scored 1 goal in 7 months for us.  That's an appalling statistic.

I'd love Mitro to come good but there's too much going against him now - he's got a massive 50p head, he can't jump more than a few inches off the ground and he doesn't fit into Rafa's system. I can't see any other outcome than him plying his trade somewhere else.

Stupid argument. Newcastle don't play International football. David Healy had a really good goalscoring record at International Level. Didn't mean a thing at club level though where he was useless.

Wasn't an argument, stupid or otherwise. It was an observation. Not playing to his strengths, quality of opposition (France?)  seem reasonable reasons for the difference. Plus football is such a confidence game, that even the impact of not being 'the main man' knowing that you are relied upon/believed in can have an impact. That said, many have seen enough of his game (self included), of his strengths/needs, to conclude he is not a RB type player, or for some even good enough 'as is' for the Premier League. I just think it is curious to see a record compared to another perceived to be impeccable record, at a certain age.

I don't think anyone can argue against there being some talent there, we've seen pieces of it over the last 2 seasons and regularly see it for Serbia. However, he is never going to realise his potential at NUFC under Rafa. That much is clear and we should be looking to offload this window.

I like Mitro in that he's clearly a trier and he seems to care unlike some we've had in the past, but it's time for him to go and perform well elsewhere like Jon Dahl Tomasson did all those years ago. Then we can come on this thread and say we should never have got rid.

I'm not a fan of his but I think he'd be a decent 3rd or 4th choice striker option.  He's got a good few years left on his contract so unless we get a great offer for him i'd rather see us keep him for now.  We could end up with a lot worse (See Xisco, Kuqi, Ferrerya, Doumbia, Ranger etc.)

• 1 month later...