Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

I think a lot of people wanted (and still want) Mitrovic to succeed simply because of his character.

There's nothing better than having a great striker who is passionate, different and even a little nuts in an oldschool kind of way.

The thing is, he never delivered in the Premier League and that is a fact.

He found his level and that's all there is to it.

4 hours ago, Serb said:

I think a lot of people wanted (and still want) Mitrovic to succeed simply because of his character.

There's nothing better than having a great striker who is passionate, different and even a little nuts in an oldschool kind of way.

From what I’ve seen of Vlahovic he’s a similar sort of player. Problem with this sort of forward is you don’t know how they’re going to get on when all the defenders are massive with Ferrari engines until 5 games in. Some thrive, some can’t deal with it. Mitro was the latter. 

Edited by Billy Pilgrim

8 hours ago, Serb said:

Gonna have to disagree with this a little bit. Depends on what is considered successful I suppose but in a brand new league and foreign country, he scored something like 12 or 13 in a shit, destined-for-relegation team at 20 years old. He's miles better than a couple of the current "strikers" we have, even if he was never really given the time to develop properly here. Nowadays, we're soon to be way beyond his level, but there's a bit of unfair revisionism going on in here with him IMO.

Just now, LionOfGosforth said:

Gonna have to disagree with this a little bit. Depends on what is considered successful I suppose but in a brand new league and foreign country, he scored something like 12 or 13 in a shit, destined-for-relegation team at 20 years old. He's miles better than a couple of the current "strikers" we have, even if he was never really given the time to develop properly here. Nowadays, we're soon to be way beyond his level, but there's a bit of unfair revisionism going on in here with him IMO.

Always has been. Some people disliked him from day one for very little reason. Well, the reason was he was bought into a relegation side and expected to be prime Pele.

Same effect with Jones now. People affiliate him to Bruce (without actually knowing what goes on behind the scenes) and automatically view him in a negative light and disregard any success without giving him any sort of chance.

He’s a certain type of striker that needs a certain level of service to perform/score goals. He’s not quick, isn’t full of running nor athletic, but he’s a decent focal point up front and will get goals without ever being prolific if he gets the right kind of service. 

He’d actually be a good foil for Wilson at NUFC ironically in this current team (especially under a Bruce), but he will never be anything other than a bang average footballer (but a decent enough CF) who will still get you goals, be it in the Championship, the PL or at international level.

He wasn’t suited to Rafa’s style, tactics or system whatsoever, now compare to Rondon who was and he himself is of a similar category type of CF, but he was mobile and athletic.

That’s the difference at this level. Very similar, both not outstanding footballers, both not truly clinical but could still score, but Rondon was mobile and athletic enough and therefore more suitable to a number of systems, styles of play and tactics under the right coach.

Like with Shelvey Rafa had Mitrovic sussed from the off, but did try and utilise him for a spell. He just found a better and more suitable way for the team that mean he wasn’t going to be included in that long-term.

I’m glad he’s doing well and he’s a player I’m happy to see doing well wherever he is at or whatever level. 

14 hours ago, LionOfGosforth said:

I'm completely with you on this one, maybe it was my poor choice of words.

What I meant is that he never delivered the expectation of developing into a top class striker which he seemed to have all the potential to become when he was 20. He was nevertheless our undoubtedly finest striker for years but was mostly unfairly benched or didn't fit into the system Rafa was (sometimes stubbornly) playing.

As for Vlahovic, he is a slightly different player but I believe the main difference between the two is that Vlahovic seems to be a lot stronger mentally. But if Mitro had reached his potential, it would be a no-brainer for me who would be my choice.

To me, Mitro's personality is special in a way that he seems to remind us all of a time when footballers were plain human beings, and not machines with zero percent fat and zero percent of charisma.

2 hours ago, Serb said:

I'm completely with you on this one, maybe it was my poor choice of words.

What I meant is that he never delivered the expectation of developing into a top class striker which he seemed to have all the potential to become when he was 20. He was nevertheless our undoubtedly finest striker for years but was mostly unfairly benched or didn't fit into the system Rafa was (sometimes stubbornly) playing.

As for Vlahovic, he is a slightly different player but I believe the main difference between the two is that Vlahovic seems to be a lot stronger mentally. But if Mitro had reached his potential, it would be a no-brainer for me who would be my choice.

To me, Mitro's personality is special in a way that he seems to remind us all of a time when footballers were plain human beings, and not machines with zero percent fat and zero percent of charisma.

1,000,000%, great post.

24 minutes ago, Facundo Ferreyra said:

31. Set by Ivan Toney last season. 

Guy Whittingham, I know different name of league, but…

Edited by HTT II