Jamaal Lascelles

Nobody

Jamaal Lascelles  

176 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

Another damning indictment of McClaren's mismanagement, how he couldn't see that this lad was a far better player than Coloccini.

He probably could tbh, he was clearly swayed by names. Coloccini was the captain though and ergo undroppable. A lot of managers are like that.

Steve Taylor and Coloccini kept this kid out of the team.  :lol:

I'm baffled as to why Rafa left Jamaal out for the Southampton and Norwich games for Taylor after Jamaal played so well against Sunderland, still can't get my head around it.

In fairness we've watched Taylor for over a decade, we know exactly what he's about.

Steve Taylor and Coloccini kept this kid out of the team.  :lol:

I'm baffled as to why Rafa left Jamaal out for the Southampton and Norwich games for Taylor after Jamaal played so well against Sunderland, still can't get my head around it.

In fairness we've watched Taylor for over a decade, we know exactly what he's about.

True  :lol: a bloody idiot.

I'm not baffled at all, experience.

I'm not baffled at all, experience.

Wonder if Taylor is like Shola was in training, ooh he looks good. Come Saturday Rafa is thinking wtf have i done.

Wonder if Taylor is like Shola was in training, ooh he looks good. Come Saturday Rafa is thinking wtf have i done.

I'm sure it will be nothing more than age, from the area and games played.  Rafa probably expected more from an experienced local player than a kid who hasn't played many games for us.  It didn't take Rafa long to work Taylor out and he's probably done that in the least number of games than previous managers.

I'm sure it will be nothing more than age, from the area and games played.  Rafa probably expected more from an experienced local player than a kid who hasn't played many games for us.  It didn't take Rafa long to work Taylor out and he's probably done that in the least number of games than previous managers.

Thank fuck for that an all. No more seeing the baffoon after this season.

Guest chopey

Having this guy on the bench all season is like del trotter keeping a million pound watch in his lock up

I know people rate Eliott, but makes you wonder where we could have been if Lascelles & Darlow had been brought straight in, or if we'd stuck with Darlow and backed him after his debut at West Brom. We wouldn't have been worse off that's certain, and the experience they'd have gained as the season went on might have won us more points.

I had my doubts over this lad but fair play to him, he's came in a showed real heart and commitment but not only that, he's backed it with some top defending.

Him and Darlow are growing it stature with every game and it's good to see. Easy to see why Darlow was number two before he got injured that allowed Elliot to seize his chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk