Jamaal Lascelles: set to miss 6–9 months with ACL injury (Official)

Nobody

Jamaal Lascelles  

176 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

on fm when i made him captain he went sad because it was too much pressure for him

I slated him in public on fm, and his public reply said that he was unhappy with my comments but that he'll go again.

Guest neesy111

on fm when i made him captain he went sad because it was too much pressure for him

I slated him in public on fm, and his public reply said that he was unhappy with my comments but that he'll go again.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/252/880/bb0.gif

He started the season well, and IIRC he and Clark were immense during our winning run. He seems to have gradually dropped off as the season has gone along, has he ever played a full season? I think I recall him being in/out of the team at Forest but I may be wrong.

Maybe he's just knackered, mentally and physically. It's hard work playing a 46 game season, especially when you're the captain, especially when you're the captain of the biggest club in the league with huge expectations of getting out of it.

He started the season well, and IIRC he and Clark were immense during our winning run. He seems to have gradually dropped off as the season has gone along, has he ever played a full season? I think I recall him being in/out of the team at Forest but I may be wrong.

Maybe he's just knackered, mentally and physically. It's hard work playing a 46 game season, especially when you're the captain, especially when you're the captain of the biggest club in the league with huge expectations of getting out of it.

He was dropped for the third league game of the season.

It's becoming a witch-burning session, this thread. He did actually have a decent run in the side alongside Clark during our best runs this year, but he's also been poor and dropped many clangers. One doesn't negate the other.

He was dropped for the third league game of the season.

He's right though, generally he was better in the first half of the season, there was the odd dodgy game but he also played very well in a lot of them. In the run in his mistakes are becoming more costly. I just wonder whether he needs some time out if the pressure is getting to him. Not sure what to make of him at the moment, sometimes he looks a million dollars and you think there's a potential star in there, other times he just looks like a fish out of water. It makes me nervous relying on him for the crunch games this season though. Would much rather see him taken out of the firing line and develop his game when there's less pressure on.

He's right though, generally he was better in the first half of the season, there was the odd dodgy game but he also played very well in a lot of them. In the run in his mistakes are becoming more costly. I just wonder whether he needs some time out if the pressure is getting to him. Not sure what to make of him at the moment, sometimes he looks a million dollars and you think there's a potential star in there, other times he just looks like a fish out of water. It makes me nervous relying on him for the crunch games this season though. Would much rather see him taken out of the firing line and develop his game when there's less pressure on.

He started the season poorly, he was probably at fault for both goals we let in against Huddersfield and was dropped which gave him a kick up the arse.  The same thing should happened weeks ago.

I feel quite bad criticising both Lascelles and Darlow, I think there are good players in both of them. Been iffy a couple too many times this season I guess, but there aren't many in our squad that have been flawless throughout a long season. They've played a shitload of matches in different circumstances and under the great pressure that comes with an NUFC shirt, it's inevitable things will go wrong at some point.

Whether they're good enough to play for us in the Premier League I'm still not sure.

I feel quite bad criticising both Lascelles and Darlow, I think there are good players in both of them. Been iffy a couple too many times this season I guess, but there aren't many in our squad that have been flawless throughout a long season. They've played a shitload of matches in different circumstances and under the great pressure that comes with an NUFC shirt, it's inevitable things will go wrong at some point.

Whether they're good enough to play for us in the Premier League I'm still not sure.

I think Lascelles needs a rest, I didn't see much of the Ipswich game so can't comment on Darlow. We have far more important players to get rid of before those two if we do go up, which I'm still sure that we will.

Good for him! It's easy to forget the big performances in the biggest games he's put in like the Brighton games and Huddersfield away - especially with some people re-writing history about how he's apparently been shit all season. Some of it in the match threads has been RTG standard.

He's been shite lately but I think he'll come good with time. He's got the attributes but just needs to calm down and stick to the basics. Given the absolute shell of men we've had at centre back in recent years I think the lad deserves a bit of time .

I'd rather he wasn't captain next season though. Someone like Ritchie would be better suited and Lascelles can just focus on being a defender. He stood up when we needed someone to though and not in a Steven Taylor pashun sort of way before anyone makes the comparison.

You get behind your players, don't you?

Like Colback?

Why get behind s*** players?

Cos they're the ones we've got and we want them to do as well as possible to get like promoted and that

You get behind your players, don't you?

Like Colback?

Why get behind s*** players?

Cos they're the ones we've got and we want them to do as well as possible to get like promoted and that

Plus he works hard, right?