Jamaal Lascelles: set to miss 6–9 months with ACL injury (Official)

Nobody

Jamaal Lascelles  

176 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

We'll not get £50m, surely.

A big bid will come in for Lascelles before the end of the window. A proper club wouldn't sell for less than £60m imo but I'd imagine Ashley will accept £30m and think he's won the daft fucking cunt.

Nah. We may sell him (which is a disgrace) but it won’t be for £30m. We always seem to get decent fees, which makes our derisory offers the other way all the more infuriating.

A big bid will come in for Lascelles before the end of the window. A proper club wouldn't sell for less than £60m imo but I'd imagine Ashley will accept £30m and think he's won the daft fucking cunt.

Nah. We may sell him (which is a disgrace) but it won’t be for £30m. We always seem to get decent fees, which makes our derisory offers the other way all the more infuriating.

We'll see. Sissoko was obviously insane money at the time. For me you don't let Lascelles go for more than say Stones but I think Ashley has lost the plot myself. He'll take sub £40m for him imo.

We'll see. Sissoko was obviously insane money at the time. For me you don't let Lascelles go for more than say Stones but I think Ashley has lost the plot myself. He'll take sub £40m for him imo.

Carroll was insane money at the time (whether we should have sold or not is another debate, I still say we shouldn’t have sold him) as well.

Imagine if we sold lascelles man? Jesus. It’s asking for relegation that.

Carroll was insane money at the time (whether we should have sold or not is another debate, I still say we shouldn’t have sold him) as well.

He doesn't give a fuck. If Lascelles pulls in £60m and he has to "loan" the club £15m to cover relegation he's a winner. Again.

He doesn't give a fuck. If Lascelles pulls in £60m and he has to "loan" the club £15m to cover relegation he's a winner. Again.

Times that by 4 or 5 and that might come close to covering the cost of relegation.

Guest chopey

I think it's fairly obvious that Ashley wants Rafa out this would be a good way to do it and also make a bumper profit in the process.

I think it's fairly obvious that Ashley wants Rafa out this would be a good way to do it and also make a bumper profit in the process.

Plus get rid of the chief agitator amongst players in terms of daring to ask for a bonus etc.

We need Jamaal to get in a room with Ashley regarding the bonus issue and give him the Diame treatment until he promises to back Rafa.

He doesn't deserve to come good, he deserves to die.

We need Jamaal to get in a room with Ashley regarding the bonus issue and give him the Diame treatment until he promises to back Rafa.

Dunno about that, like.  He's scored a few important goals for us.

Dunno about that, like.  He's scored a few important goals for us.

Djrzxn8WsAAcxje?format=jpg&name=900x900

I see it as being more a case of Ashley not being emotionally invested (anymore), I.e. he really doesn’t care (if he ever did) about anything other than the balance sheet, and him having a command and control style of management. It’s his way or the highway, I think. Which makes other cliches seem relevant: cutting off his nose to spite his face and before setting out on a journey of revenge dig two graves. 

Plus get rid of the chief agitator amongst players in terms of daring to ask for a bonus etc.

Could easily see this happening.

Would be some test of Rafa's motivation to keep us up given he'll have been royally fucked over by the fat lad.

Guest firetotheworks

I think it will happen, unfortunately. Easy way for Mike to force Rafa out.

Do you think he wants to force Rafa out? Why not just let Rafa keep us up for cheap, like he is now?

Because Rafa doesn't want to do that and will leave at the end of the season anyway. I don't think Ashley will sell Lascelles for that reason like. I don't think he will, but if he does I genuinely think he's thick enough to think that he could sell Lascelles and for Rafa to do nothing.