Jamaal Lascelles

Nobody

Jamaal Lascelles  

176 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

there is no ruthlessness (is that a word) in our team.  Each time a team breaks on us, instead of just taking out the man say 35 yards from goal, we just jockey and backtrack all the way into our box and they then invariably score.  Just obstruct, tackle at 35 yards out, take the yellow and regroup.

That’s a good point the likes of Liverpool and Especially Manchester City love a tactical foul, really annoying when they do that after you finally get a chance to get forward.

It's a shambles. Made a point of highlighting Tiote's stats vs Hendrick last week. You have the impression Tiote went around chasing and kicking people, but a by product of that was he could get on the ball, and pass. Generally make it hard for opposition to play through our midfield. Tiote/Cabaye and Kante at Leicester was a perfect example, he gave the whole side energy. Roy Keane, Patrick Veira, Steffan Effenburg, Gattuso  :angel:

There is no energy within whatever XI Stinkbum Steve decides to field. Energy in transition going forward, or energy in defensive transition. A part of defensive transition is tactical fouling.

We have no strong personalities, or individual leaders in our team any more. Not a single arsehole... A player that'll do anything it takes to win that little battle by not letting your midfielder run past you, or win that tackle etc. A player that'll make a that tactical foul, bollocks people and make them switch on just to win the next 10mins.  Andy Carroll is the closest, but he can't actually play PL football any more, and even this season it's visible from his appearances he's not leading or rallying anyone.

It's a shambles. Made a point of highlighting Tiote's stats vs Hendrick last week. You have the impression Tiote went around chasing and kicking people, but a by product of that was he could get on the ball, and pass. Generally make it hard for opposition to play through our midfield. Tiote/Cabaye and Kante at Leicester was a perfect example, he gave the whole side energy. Roy Keane, Patrick Veira, Steffan Effenburg, Gattuso  :angel:

There is no energy within whatever XI Stinkbum Steve decides to field. Energy in transition going forward, or energy in defensive transition. A part of defensive transition is tactical fouling.

We have no strong personalities, or individual leaders in our team any more. Not a single arsehole... A player that'll do anything it takes to win that little battle by not letting your midfielder run past you, or win that tackle etc. A player that'll make a that tactical foul, bollocks people and make them switch on just to win the next 10mins.  Andy Carroll is the closest, but he can't actually play PL football any more, and even this season it's visible from his appearances he's not leading or rallying anyone.

This is absolutely spot on. I'm not going to judge any of our centre backs (even though I think they have again been consistently reliable this season) when they have the likes of Shelvey leaving them massively exposed every week.

• 2 weeks later...

Only gone and done his hamstring. Will be out a number of weeks according to former manager Bruce.

Hope Fernandez is back.

Don’t think he’s due back for another couple of weeks at least. Relying on Clark and Schar staying fit.

• 8 months later...

I had to go all the way back to page 6 to find this bottle job’s thread.

He’s developed a skill of being absolutely invisible when he plays for us, I expect more from a club captain, who’s job is to lead the players on the pitch by example. He does none of this.

It’s the most disappointing one of the lot for me because he played the part of captain fantastic when he first came on the scene. He’s just going through the motions now.

28 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

He's regressed not just as a player for us, but as a captain also imo. Doesn't seem anywhere as front and centre or much of a leader as he was under Benitez.

:thup: Was shocked to see a post of mine on the past page. Says it all we've only moved on one page in a year.

Seems he took his chance at being the 'voice' under Rafa and fair play to him. Because if today was anything to go by he's been living off it for a while. 

Edited by wormy

7 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Rafa is a club manager and he turned Lascelles in to a club player. Just goes to show how shallow Bruce's thinking is that players who used to embrace so much now offer so little.

Was going to say similar. Lascelles was confident that he had Rafa's backing. I'm not even sure he'd be grateful for Bruce's.