Jamaal Lascelles

Nobody

Jamaal Lascelles  

176 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

hayden hasnt been happy with the system or where he's been asked to play.

he was pissed off at bruce when the fat cunt called him out for letting ronaldo in too easily for his second.

may have voiced his concnerns and jamal then sticking up for bruce.

or he was blaming the defence for being so shite.

Edited by huss9

I think we have ok centrebacks and I think Jamaal Lascelles is an ok centreback who gives us something more in terms of leadership. I think Varane/Ramos would struggle in our setup. You have a gung-ho left winger playing left back charging around and doing random stuff all season. And you have absolutely no protection from the midfield. The Ndombele goal is a classic Bruces NUFC goal. One simple pass lets him through to charge in on the centreback and he does a good finish.

The lack of cohesion even when we play a midfield 3 is staggering, often you see Longstaff/Hayden pressing up to the midfield circle whilst Willock for example is in no-mans land. 1 simple pass and the midfield is cut through, happens every single game. I've also noticed for years how if the opposition winger does a cutback to a midfielder to shoot like the Bruno Fernandes Goal, we are never ready for it and he only gets charged down if we are lucky to have someone standing close by.

We also have a coach who consistently refuses to play Schar who is the only player with ability to play it out from the back. We should have kept Lejeune and had at least one of those two in the first 11, but Bruce is just clueless, if we were going to let a centreback go I'd have gone with Clark.

Anyway the Schar/Lascelles/Fernandez/Clark centreback stable are more than adequate in a lower premier league team, and I hope we don't focus too much on recruitment in this area in January. As i feel getting a proper midfield, left back and another striker for when Wilson is injured should be the priorities.

It just really pisses me off when the media just blames the "championship back 4" whenever we let in shit goals. The problem is so much deeper and it can be solved with a good management team that understands football. Both Schar and Lascelles were rumored to be going for 20m plus when we had a proper manager coaching and managing these players.

14 hours ago, huss9 said:

hayden hasnt been happy with the system or where he's been asked to play.

he was pissed off at bruce when the fat cunt called him out for letting ronaldo in too easily for his second.

may have voiced his concnerns and jamal then sticking up for bruce.

or he was blaming the defence for being so shite.

Hayden letting rip on the inept tactics of Bruce on Sunday with Lascelles sticking up for Bruce in terms of ‘lets stick together’ crap.

Lascelles will back his manager or club. A good trait in someone when things are going well, or it’s a club or manager to get behind (i.e Rafa) but not so helpful with dross like Bruce.

Even if we were still able to boast a trio of CBs with 1 of Fede/Lascelles/Clark with Schar and Lejeune we’d be fine. Always felt Lascelles looked his best with Lejeune playing next to him. 

9 hours ago, hakka said:

Farcical comment. He's proved he can easily play this level. 

Maybe a bit OTT, but unless he's protected by the whole team playing deep and centrally he's always looked uncomfortable in the PL imo. 

Lascelles likes to present himself as a vocal captain ever since he laid into some of our players during the relegation season with Rafa, but you get the feeling Hayden isn't the type who would take it lying down like Janmaat did. Probably told Jamaal to do one. 

If we're going to play 2 CB it almost has to be Lascelles and Schar with Hayden holding front of them.  Fede and Clark are much to slow at this point.

If we play 3 at the back Fede, Lascelles and Schar would be the 3.  I'd still have Hayden in a midfield two because he is far and away our best ball winner. 

Just as long as we don't have to watch Lascelles lining up with Clark again while Fernandez and Schar are sitting on the bench. Hopefully with British grit fan Bruce gone, we'll get a manager who can see beyond the stereotypes.

He’s a very good defender in the same way Dummet is, but just not a good footballer. We saw how good he was under Rafa. 90% of the squad need replaced, however, Lascelles included and soon! That said, as a squad player, he’s more than adequate. 

3 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

He's just another Steven Taylor.

Nah, not having that, I doubt Lascelles would pull a shirt back on if he was shot in a match live on telly like Taylor did.

Edited by HTT II

Because Bruce is a huge dinosaur in the modern game. He hates the modern bring-the-ball-out-from-the-back centre half and prefers no nonsense British plodders, hence why Schar can't get a game, Lascelles and Clark are playing together and Lejeune was fucked off. You play Lascelles, Fernandez or Clark with Schar.

17 hours ago, The Prophet said:

The defence of Lejeune, Lascelles and Schar is one of the best I've seen at Newcastle. 

The balance in that side was just class. Didn’t even need a create central midfield because you had those two wide CBs then Almiron & Perez further up the pitch with Rondon.

• 1 month later...