Jamaal Lascelles

Nobody

Jamaal Lascelles  

176 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

3 minutes ago, Oregon_Geordie said:

Liability. both with and without the ball. Just walks around spitting trying to look like a hard man. He's not a captain.

Was lucky not to gift them one not long after the goal with a shocking ball.

I can’t believe how bad he is on the ball. He is somehow getting worse. I was actually surprised we kept passing it to him from midfield. As surely the players must realise he is a liability?

What’s even worse, is how pathetic that ‘jump’ was for the goal. He looks a brute and a real unit when the header or tackle is in his favour. Then when he has a challenge and he has to think about what he is doing. He is found out more often than not.  

Awful player. Awful captain. Sick of watching him. 

He's our worst player by a margin. How the hell he has held on to the captain's armband as long as he has confuses me. We can't build a solid team with him at the back. I hope he never plays another game for us, absolute garbage.

He's absolutely shocking, like. Find it hard to believe that we don't even have someone in the academy who could do a better job. 

Constantly loses the ball and his lack of pace pulls the defensive line back ten yards. Isn't even particularly good in the air to make up for it. 

Sometimes looks okay against forwards who are equally immobile, that's about the extent of his game. 

13 minutes ago, Jordan said:

Hes getting all the shit but where was Schar for the goal? Lascelles had two men. 

Schar is the one to blame. He doesn't track the run nor does he even try tot impede it. 

The problem is Lascelles hardly had a Bobby Moore performance himself. For me, it can be diagnosed quite simply; 

Schar can only be considered reliable in a back three. It allows for the other defenders to bail him out when he switches off mentally. Lascelles is arguably in a similar boat because the back three stops him needing to be anything on the ball, but honestly, I think the lad just needs a move. He's spent so long here, too long, in a comfy chair knowing he's safe and that a few fist pumps will chase away any real criticism. At no point in his Newcastle career has he been truly tested or forced out of the team. That level of security has caused him to become sloppy.