Jamaal Lascelles

Nobody

Jamaal Lascelles  

176 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

Mad how far he's fallen since Rafa. Not to turn this into another Rafa wankfest but there was a period when some were talking about him being worth an England call-up. He looked like a capable albeit limited defender and an influential leader.

Now he's just neither. Just a mess.

How can a professional footballer be so fucking shit at passing the ball a mere few yards, controlling a ball or just being in control of the ball full stop. And he’s no fucking Captain. 

Just now, ManDoon said:

The lack of protest for the penalty really concerns me.

Aye, I’d be raging at that, to the point I’d be willing to get a yellow or worse, absolute silence from our so-called leader. 

2 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Can you imagine a Fergie side letting that go? I'd drop him just for that, let alone the pen which was more about the shit pass than the actual tackle. 

Guest reefatoon

Horrible defender and at fault for so many goals and mistakes. Really needs replacing as soon as possible and it’s completely baffling how he is getting a game ahead of Fernandez.

He needs to up his game a bit like but feel he's also been left a lot more exposed than previous under Benitez. Howe has a very difficult job in establishing an alternative to open, high pressure football half way through a season, he's got to try and implement a plan A and a plan B, we'll get there like, but it's gonna be tough. 

Edited by Heron

Guest neesy111
Just now, ManDoon said:

I don’t get not using Fede. I really don’t 

Either doesn't want him because of pace or its something off the field related.

3 hours ago, ManDoon said:

Said exactly this at the time.

Don't get why he wasn't standing over Maddison shouting, calling him a cheat and at least making him shit his pants a bit. Also, the more you carry on, accuse him of diving, tell the ref he has cheated, basically make a scene about it, the more likely it is that VAR will at least take an interest.

But no, just a shrug of the shoulders and a "cheers ref."

Ah give the lad a move come January or the summer. 

Not his fault, he's just done here. He might still turn out to be an ok lower half/Championship defender, but the constant turmoil means he's never actually been allowed to progress. 

Guest reefatoon

That idiotic ball he played to Shelvey prior to the penalty is what fucked us up yesterday. Such a stupid pass from a player that doesn’t think. Led to the goal and we never recovered. Look back over our goals and he is at fault for so many. Such a weak link.

Not a leader of the defence, looks far more immobile and hesitant than I remember from previous seasons. Absolutely woeful on the ball. 

Fine against shithouse teams like Burnley. Not really many of them in this league, unfortunately. Plenty in the one below, mind!

I'm a fan of Lascelles, he's given a lot to the club but he's often complacent nowadays. Should be benched for a bit in the short term and in the summer we should be proactive in our attempts to offload him, Shelvey and any other fucker who has grown stale at the club. Regardless of what league we're in. Most of these players have defeat and failure ingrained in them by now. It's time for a new mentality and new leadership.

A successful January window can bring much needed competition for places in the squad. This should raise the performance levels of some of the old, tired guard.. Previously I was under the opinion that we must not overspend in January but fuck that.. we're crying for quality in absolutely all areas. It's a very tough ask though - the kind of players we need wouldn't come just cause we're full of Saudi dollars. 

1 hour ago, junkhead said:

I'm a fan of Lascelles, he's given a lot to the club but he's often complacent nowadays. Should be benched for a bit in the short term and in the summer we should be proactive in our attempts to offload him, Shelvey and any other fucker who has grown stale at the club. Regardless of what league we're in. Most of these players have defeat and failure ingrained in them by now. It's time for a new mentality and new leadership.

A successful January window can bring much needed competition for places in the squad. This should raise the performance levels of some of the old, tired guard.. Previously I was under the opinion that we must not overspend in January but fuck that.. we're crying for quality in absolutely all areas. It's a very tough ask though - the kind of players we need wouldn't come just cause we're full of Saudi dollars. 

I agree. Nowt against the lad but he peaked under Rafa and led by example. In the two years since he's allowed the club, and himself, to fester. I know most will never forgive him for that, but it's got to be soul-destroying trying to motivate Ashley employees.