Jamaal Lascelles: set to miss 6–9 months with ACL injury (Official)

Nobody

Jamaal Lascelles  

176 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

14 minutes ago, Heron said:

Don't really get why people get so abusive about players such as Clark and Lascelles, etc. They try, they're just not good enough.

It's definitely a thing with this place. Fortunately those who go to the match seem to agree with you. 

Be interested to know who should've played instead today given Schar wasn't fully fit as well. Maybe people wanted to see Hayden and Krafth at centre back? 

17 minutes ago, Heron said:

Don't really get why people get so abusive about players such as Clark and Lascelles, etc. They try, they're just not good enough.

Yeah, a "he's shite" is fine, no need to get personal at all. Uncalled for.

7 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

It's definitely a thing with this place. Fortunately those who go to the match seem to agree with you. 

Be interested to know who should've played instead today given Schar wasn't fully fit as well. Maybe people wanted to see Hayden and Krafth at centre back? 

It's an online thing as a whole. Like it's one thing to say they're shite but going down the route of being properly abusive about them is just a bit radge like. I get it's probably just heat of the moment like.

However, that's exactly it. Like consider the alternatives, consider the opposition. If players are goving it their best, it's not their fault they're shite. 

This is the issue for me, I don't think he is doing his best, same with Clark. They're going through the motions and the pair of them are currently paying the worst football of their time here. They're not even doing the basics, mental errors and lack of concentration/bottle at key moments. I'd go as far as to say if the planks appear consistently from Jan we'll go down regardless of who we sign, it's the exact type of CB paring that gets relegated each year, they're dreadful. 

11 minutes ago, midds said:

This is the issue for me, I don't think he is doing his best, same with Clark. They're going through the motions and the pair of them are currently paying the worst football of their time here. They're not even doing the basics, mental errors and lack of concentration/bottle at key moments. I'd go as far as to say if the planks appear consistently from Jan we'll go down regardless of who we sign, it's the exact type of CB paring that gets relegated each year, they're dreadful. 

They've checked out. Just going through motions picking up their pay cheques. They both know they have no future here, and have no motivation to dig deep and perform right now. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Pilko said:

Not as high profile an error as we've seen from our lot as late, but why he drops back away from Cavani rather than staying with him on the goal is absolutely baffling.

Loses his man all the fucking time ball watching, absolutely zero awareness needs replacing as a priority.

7 minutes ago, St. Maximin said:

He isn’t good enough but on the flip side I forgot Ronaldo was playing for a while until the camera zoomed in on him having one of his customary whinges, so fair play. Same with Schar. 

Thought Schar was genuinely good tonight but is an absolute time bomb in back 4.

1 hour ago, Whitley mag said:

Loses his man all the fucking time ball watching, absolutely zero awareness needs replacing as a priority.

Astonishing that a professional can ball watch so much. Never once turned his head towards the threat in the middle.

33 minutes ago, Zero said:

That’s not his fault. Shelvey should cover up that space instead.

Nah, Cavani is the striker, who pulled back into the space. Watch it again - Lascelles and Cavani are almost together, Cavani slows his run and Lascelles keeps, essentially, running away from him.

Shelvey is, admittedly, jogging back, but he’s watching Rashford

You may agree or disagree but IMO these kinda situations a CB would never be able to fully catch up the ST since the ST always have the priority to make the choice, thus instead of blaming the CB for not guessing it right, I believe those who ain’t able to back to their positions should be blamed instead 

The way the play bulilt up it would have been very hard for a fast midfielder to get near Cavani to stop him there, let alone Shelvey. Lascelles is fully to blame, it already happened once before and he didnt even look to see where he was and wasnt even close enough to block the shot. If you watch how many times Schar check where Ronaldo in on the same bit of play you'll see what he should have been doing

31 minutes ago, M1tche said:

The way the play bulilt up it would have been very hard for a fast midfielder to get near Cavani to stop him there, let alone Shelvey. Lascelles is fully to blame, it already happened once before and he didnt even look to see where he was and wasnt even close enough to block the shot. If you watch how many times Schar check where Ronaldo in on the same bit of play you'll see what he should have been doing

Exactly this - it's Situational Awareness 101. 

• 3 weeks later...

This lad is exactly why we're prioritising a central defender over the other pressing need for midfielders. An absolute liability all game and out-jumped with ease for their goal. Total fucking dog shit, always has been always will be.

Edited by Kid Icarus