Jamaal Lascelles: set to miss 6–9 months with ACL injury (Official)

Nobody

Jamaal Lascelles  

176 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, NWMag said:

Thought he was good today. Was dreading it when I saw him in the team but felt he did well and is a lot more composed on the ball.

Didn't think he looked any more composed on the ball than usual, but he defended well, and finally we had someone to attack the set pieces again.

Was looking for his thread funnily enough. 

I think he's fine when called upon and has dealt with being benched really well considering he's our captain.

Have absolutely no problem with him staying here as a squad player.  Pretty sure his family are well settled here also 

Did anyone notice in stoppage time when Man City had them corners - he and Maxi came to take the ball from the corner but Lascelles stood on Maxi - Maxi proceeded to make a meal or it and got absolutely bollocked by Lascelles to the extent he got up right away 

You're right @STM. Schar and Botman are fucking wank at setplays. I'd be tempted to play Lascelles in home games against the likes of Wolves. He does have leadership qualities, gets players and the crowd motivated. Botman and Burn can have a rest too if needed.

Edited by nufcjb

Just now, Mikky said:

Did anyone notice in stoppage time when Man City had them corners - he and Maxi came to take the ball from the corner but Lascelles stood on Maxi - Maxi proceeded to make a meal or it and got absolutely bollocked by Lascelles to the extent he got up right away 

Yes, drama queen ASM being told off by his captain.

Thought he played well today. Normally can be caught out and makes wrong decisions. His attributes did show more so today. He may have earned his spot for now for another game with Schar possibley ready to come off the bench if needed. 

Did really well, I thought. Fair play, I thought he was going to be the weak link. But he was our best defender on the day and proved me well and truly wrong. 

Edited by Lush Vlad

We all knew his strengths and weaknesses. He is a good leader/strong/good for set penis, but on the other is clumsy and lacks confidence on the ball.

Glad to hear he had a good game, considering the opposition.

I thought it was a nice touch that he was given the captain's armband again even when he's not figured much this season. Says a lot about his character and the respect he commands in the dressing room. He's not a polished CB by any means, but he doesn't ever hide. And he's a bit of a hard cunt which should never be underestimated given where he plays.

Disagree with early bit there. He is Premier League standard with the ball at his feet, but not just one that you'd expect at a top club. He could easily fit in any defence of the clubs down the bottom half of the league.

We probably need not only a fresh pair of legs in the team but also fresh minds. Different approach and leadership just to shake things up.

Trippier's form has been declining and perhaps his control of the lads as well. Lascelles has given his fair share of commitment down the years. Even got into bust ups with teammates so he is commanding for sure. Schar and Lascelles worked well last season so thats a positive. Needs time with Botman and Burn perhaps.

Edited by nufcjb

Said it before..Lascelles is by far the best Header of the ball at the club, granted Schar Botman and Burn are better players I wish they could attack ball with his conviction.