Jamaal Lascelles

Nobody

Jamaal Lascelles  

176 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

Guest Bert Shaft

Young Jamaal reminded me of dear old Titus the way he played the other night against Club Atlas.

"Jamble" it is then.  :whistle:

Young Jamaal reminded me of dear old Titus the way he played the other night against Club Atlas.

And Titus had to play alongside Andy o'Brien who reminds me of Williamson. No wonder the Lascelles/Williamson pair up looked disastrous.

Guest Bert Shaft

Dunno about this.

:D Hopefully your right.

Here's hoping McClaren gets him a decent and fairly experienced defensive partner to help him improve and that we never have to watch him play alongside Willo again.

And Titus had to play alongside Andy o'Brien who reminds me of Williamson. No wonder the Lascelles/Williamson pair up looked disastrous.

That's actually insulting to O'brien. O'brien struggled against pace on the deck, and wasn't exactly a ballplayer, but he was decent in  in the air (his clearance headers for example had some penetration), and added some nuisance value from set-pieces. Partnered with Woodgate, he looked a competant defender, and didn't drag Woody down - which I'm sure Willo would have done if paired with Woody.

Comparing him to O'brien, and the effect O'brien had on his defensive partners, is disgusting.

OBrien is far better than Williamson. Titus as well. Williamson is in the bracket on his own as worst Cb we've had, maybe that same bracket also includes the brilliant Ronny Jonson or whatever.

Guest palnese

Ronny Johnsen played three games for us :lol:

He was a very good defender in his day, but struggled with injuries.

OBrien is far better than Williamson. Titus as well. Williamson is in the bracket on his own as worst Cb we've had, maybe that same bracket also includes the brilliant Ronny Jonson or whatever.

Williamson is never the worst centre back we've had btw.

O'Brien might not have been as bad as Williamson, but they were both of a similar ilk. Both were/are s****.

A combination of O'Brien and Dabizas helped us to reach the Champions League. Won't have a bad word said about either of them! (lets forget that we conceded over 50 goals that season!)

Aye but imagine them in last season's team with Pardew & Carver as their manager.

• 2 months later...

If this lad went to Southampton or Everton for example, he'd be never used at full back and would have been blooded in slowly to centre back and looked very promising by now. We tend to throw our kids in at the deep end and then hang them out to dry.

Mbabu and Aarons probably only exceptions recently.