Karl Darlow (now playing for Leeds United)

Nobody

The total non commitment from the cross for their 2nd was Matz Sels-esque. Hope Dubravka stays fit because the rest of them are shite. I had high hopes for Woodman but he looked totally out of his depth in the first few games. I'd have Gillespie as no 2 atm.

I'm not sure that the goalkeeper will have been top of Howe's thinking up until now.

But it's obvious Darlow isn't the answer, not just for his gaffes and his poor distribution, but for how he doesn't command his defence. He's ineffective at crosses and free kicks, too slow to react in open play.

If we get relegated, it'll probably be by just a few points. A decent keeper saves you those few points that make all the difference - and that's not Darlow.

There was a point in the game where the ball got played through, our defender was clearly getting there first up the near the centre circle and out of nowhere the purple power ranger comes flying into view and totally fucks things up :lol:

Genuine WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING? moment.

7 hours ago, Abacus said:

I'm not sure that the goalkeeper will have been top of Howe's thinking up until now.

But it's obvious Darlow isn't the answer, not just for his gaffes and his poor distribution, but for how he doesn't command his defence. He's ineffective at crosses and free kicks, too slow to react in open play.

If we get relegated, it'll probably be by just a few points. A decent keeper saves you those few points that make all the difference - and that's not Darlow.

Ms be not Howe but it seems the board are one step ahead and looking for an upgrade. If Dubs is still on the bench next year and it's not darlow keeping him out I'll be happy. 

8 minutes ago, christ said:

Do not understand why people thought he was good for 5 minutes last year. Decent shot stopper but hopeless at everything else.

He was making mistakes in the Championship (that famous save came from a massive fuck up), he was ballsing up towards the end before we signed Dubravka, he bottled it when he had the shirt for a few weeks last season when Dubravka was on the bench. Very poor.

Wasn't so much the nature of the mistake it was the timing of it too. Less than 70 seconds after having taken the leaf at home against a side on a poor run and this fucking nugget let's one roll past him into the bottom corner. All momentum lost in a single second, the crowd instantly fell as flat as a witch's tit and audible groans. Same old Newcastle. If he saves that dribbler I honestly think we'd have gone on to win. The mistake sucked all momentum from the players and stadium. The prick. 

3 minutes ago, midds said:

Want so much the nature of the mistake it was the timing of it too. Less than 70 seconds after having taken the leaf at home against a side on a poor run and this fucking nugget let's one roll past him into the bottom corner. All momentum lost in a single second, the crowd instantly fell as flat as a witch's tit and audible groans. Same old Newcastle. If he saves that dribbler I honestly think we'd have gone on to win. The mistake sucked all momentum from the players and stadium. The prick. 

Please tell me this was intentional.

First goal was shocking from a PL keeper, kind of goal you'd see at youth level where the kid who's shite at football has been forced to be the keeper.

Think a good keeper saves the third too tbh. Deflected shot so it's hard to say he "should" save it but it's at a good height and distance from him and not exactly a rocket, most PL keepers save that IMO.

10 minutes ago, Shak said:

First goal was shocking from a PL keeper, kind of goal you'd see at youth level where the kid who's shite at football has been forced to be the keeper.

Think a good keeper saves the third too tbh. Deflected shot so it's hard to say he "should" save it but it's at a good height and distance from him and not exactly a rocket, most PL keepers save that IMO.

Possibly a bit harsh on the third as it did take a deflection. The second though he’s caught in no man’s land.