Karl Darlow (now playing for Leeds United)

Nobody

The third one is a deflection but the problem is after he blocks the through ball rather than pounce on the loose one he turns round to shout at Clark and wave his arms around. So obsessed with berating his teammates he didn't realise the ball was still alive and had to be told by the defenders to turn back around. 

1 minute ago, neesy111 said:

That 1st goal, jesus Christ.

I bet he closed his eyes, I used to do that in my 5 a side when it was “my turn” at Keeper. That style of goal was my hallmark clanger and made sure I didn’t wear gloves for a good long while. :lol: 

The third beats most keepers. Sure, it 'could' be saved, but I don't blame him for that in isolation. That goes in most times, with most keepers.

The first goal was horrific. The second was little better.

But just generally, goals aside, he was awful. He was glued to his line so much, he was so hesitant on through balls. His decision making was rank. He filled me with terror, not confidence, and I'm sure the defence felt the same. You need a keeper who gives confidence to the back line and performances like that do the opposite.

51 minutes ago, Tiotes Witch Doctor said:

Dubravka has made a few mistakes very similar to Darlows first goal cock up but is generally an all round better keeper and commander of the back line, he absolutely has to come back into the starting lineup.

Even when he made howlers or would come flying out for crosses and make a mess of it. You still felt more confident with him there and seemed like the team were the same. 

Dubravka has made 3 howlers from the top of my head that I can remember. And all goalkeepers have them at some stage.

Spurs (a) February 2019, Son shot straight at him and it went through his gloves.

Wolves (h) October 2019, flapped or mishandled a cross and they scored from it.

Wolves (h) March 2020, Ruben Neves header goes through his hands.

Darlow has made so much more going back to 2015-16 its untrue. Dubravka has to be back in.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

10 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Dubravka has made 3 howlers from the top of my head that I can remember. And all goalkeepers have them at some stage.

Spurs (a) February 2019, Son shot straight at him and it went through his gloves.

Darlow has made so much more going back to 2015-16 its untrue. Dubravka has to be back in.

Dropped a clanger at Anfield as well.

2 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

I'm sure he messed up a free kick against Man-U too

He definitely has a mistake in him and no doubt he'll make some more but he's clearly much, much better than Darlow 

It's not even close, especially since Darlow has more howlers in him plus he can't command the defence nor is a he commanding when it comes to crosses 

I was level with him in the second half, his judgement in coming for the ball was awful and why he preferred going with his feet and tackling the forward rather than use his hands is beyond me.

It's no coincidence that his performances go to shit in front of a crowd.   He can't handle a big atmosphere, his best games have been in empty stadia 

26 minutes ago, 54 said:

Might be one for the Dubravka thread, but personally think he's the best keeper weve had in my lifetime.

Panicked realization that I've probably been posting on this board for more years than you've been alive.

Gather round children and let me tell ye the tale of Shay Given... 

3 minutes ago, gazza ladra said:

Panicked realization that I've probably been posting on this board for more years than you've been alive.

Gather round children and let me tell ye the tale of Shay Given... 

I'm 26 not 14, I know of Shay Given  :lol: It may be because I mainly remember his final years with us, but I feel Dubs is at least equal with him on shot stopping, has better command of his area, and is better on the ball then Given, but like I said, I only really remember Givens final season or two.

2 minutes ago, 54 said:

I'm 26 not 14, I know of Shay Given  :lol: It may be because I mainly remember his final years with us, but I feel Dubs is at least equal with him on shot stopping, has better command of his area, and is better on the ball then Given, but like I said, I only really remember Givens final season or two.

Always thought u were born in 1954.

19 minutes ago, 54 said:

Well thank you for that. Here I was feeling sorry for myself about being old and all, and now I just feel sorry for you.

I suppose if all I knew of Given was his last season at the club I might feel similarly. You don't rate Krul? I can vaguely remember him being absolutely invinceable or a season (or half season) or so.

Definitely Given for me. Dubs 2nd though. Sure as hell not a single thing to debate as far as Dubs v Darlow.

The only positive on Darlow is he's a good shot stopper and.. well.. all goalkeepers should be a good shot stopper to some extent. :lol: He's a bottom of the table goalkeeper if ever I've seen one. Looks good under the cosh because he gets to pull out a few fancy saves but if you actually watch the full 90 minutes, you realise he's half the problem in allowing that many shots on goal in the first place.