Karl Darlow (now playing for Leeds United)

Nobody

Guest neesy111

I can understand it. I’m not sure why it had to be done so publicly. It needed to be done though.

Yeah, don't understand the public nature of it being reported.

Steve Bruce isn't very good at "man management" and that is meant to be his strength.

Exactly. Callum Wilson mentioned his man management skills on Sky today. Shelvey mentioned it this week too. But all evidence in this situation tells me that he's horrible at that too.

Pissed off Darlow, pissed off Dubravka keeping him out of the team so long and now heaped the pressure on Dubravka to have an immaculate performance due to the tension building over the weeks of everyone asking the question as to why he's not come in sooner.

He really is dire.

• 3 months later...
On 01/06/2021 at 20:47, Fantail Breeze said:

Football has some proper weird stats these days with no real explanation on how they’re calculated.

Not that I disagree with the findings - Darlow has always been gash. 

I thought he was gash, but this year in general he’s shown he’s ok. He is not better than Dubravka though by a long way. Big decision for the club this Summer though as to which keeper to cash in on Darlow or Woodman. Woodman would probably bring a bigger fee, but it depends if they see him replacing Dubravka within the next year or two. Woodman is already making noises of wanting to stop at Swansea. They could stick to the same scenario as this season and let Woodman go on loan again, but with the current lack of funds being banded about (again), I can see them cashing in on one of the two this summer.

• 1 month later...
18 minutes ago, Disco said:

Been in hospital with the Viddy.

Not cool but hopefully getting oxygen and being treated will help avoid him getting long covid and worse than it could be. All the best to him.

Looks like Woodman will start the season.

2 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

If Woodman doesn't start against West Ham then that's his Newcastle career over. Have a feeling Bruce will start Gillespie, because he's a clueless mong.

Surely Simon Smith will guide this process?