Karl Darlow (now playing for Leeds United)

Nobody

4 minutes ago, Andybiotics said:

Remember when we thought we were getting 6m for him? How did it drop to 400k:laugh:

Anyways, best of luck to him. Think he will do well at Leeds.

Reality kicked in.

Good luck to him though, maybe he'll make a name of himself in Leeds.

6 minutes ago, astraguy said:

400k? Where the fuck has come from,that's fucking awful business yet again by us

Nah, it's a symbolic sum rather than giving him away for free which was the alternative.  

Was a very good Championship keeper. A good penalty stopper, I think, although probably more that he just faced a lot of them. Remember the two against Forest obviously but also one from Cabaye against Palace.

Always been little more than a reserve ability wise at PL level however. And the fact he's been here 9 year says a lot about the club. Nevertheless a good lad and wish him all the best.

16 minutes ago, astraguy said:

400k? Where the fuck has come from,that's fucking awful business yet again by us

We have too many keepers and need him off the books, teams know him, Hendrick, Fraser etc are not making our squad and are just draining wages.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

Good lad, definitely one who should have been moved on years ago but did well to get us promoted that year.

His little mini cycle after that was to come in when Dubravka got injured, look canny, and then immediately fall to pieces when Dubravka would get back near fitness again. That Toney goal in Howe/Tindall's first game against Brentford was a proper last straw moment for me with him.

46 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Thanks for your service Karl. Those penalty saves against Forest were a true highlight

All the best at Leeds

Was then at fault for 2 goals in fairness.

Turned out to be a really poor keeper who didn’t improve one bit from 25 to 32. 

11 minutes ago, Pilko said:

Good lad, definitely one who should have been moved on years ago but did well to get us promoted that year.

His little mini cycle after that was to come in when Dubravka got injured, look canny, and then immediately fall to pieces when Dubravka would get back near fitness again. That Toney goal in Howe/Tindall's first game against Brentford was a proper last straw moment for me with him.

Spot on. No malice against him personally, probably a canny enough bloke but just not good enough. That Brentford goal had me fucking steaming for hours, similar to Clark's red against Norwich tbh. The tv nearly went through the window on both occasions. 

He was good in the Championship, and that was his level. It’s a bit of a shame for him career wise that he never moved on, because if he had, he could have made a decent Championship level keeper career somewhere, now he’s only ever going to play back up at that level.

14 hours ago, prefabtoon said:

Hope we have a sell on clause in place.:lol:

:lol: The extra £50,000 will be a great help in a couple of years.

I never trusted him when he was in the nets for us and am honestly expecting even top end of the Champo to be above his capabilities at this stage. But it's not his fault he stuck around twice as long as he should, best of luck to him.