Karl Darlow (now playing for Leeds United)

Nobody

Guest HTT II
17 minutes ago, TRon said:

Read his account of Covid in the Times today and it was horrific. Wouldn't wish that on anybody. Except maybe Pardew. 

And Bruce and Ashley…

Ironic that plenty of fit sportsmen have contracted it, yet a fat cunt like me who has been at work ever since it all kicked off hasn't.

Edited by Beth

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Newcastle Fan said:

I was waiting for quite a while for Woodman to play for us and really hoped he'd be our goalkeeper for a long time, but after his horrible start to the season and Darlow's impressive return i think we won't see him for a while, good performance from Karl today.

Just said something similar in Freddy’s thread - nice career, son…

• 1 month later...

This chap always has been a Championship player, he’s consistently crap.

Will make a couple of showreel saves here and there, but he makes just as many howlers.

Not even good enough as a back up. I’m sure we look so much more composed with Dubravka in goal, just his presence and talking.

On the deflected shot that hit the post at 0-0, you can see him watch the ball and then rush to get up after its rebounded out.

In a scramble about a twenty minutes later, he gets up in a panic, slips, and their second goes in with him squirming on the ground.

The third was on him and he was lucky to not get a second yellow. The game was already gone, but that would have finished it had it not been.

I keep reading/hearing what a great shot stopper he is. But wasn’t there a couple of metrics that showed that to be bollocks last season? I think it was save percentage and also something a bit extreme from some goalkeeping stats guru about position of the ball in the goal, relative to the keeper. He came up bottom three in that, as well. 

I hate that saying, anyway. Surely pretty much any keeper at the top level should

be considered great at saving shots? It’s everything else and a lot of the things that go unnoticed that are more worrying. 

• 2 weeks later...