Chancel Mbemba

Nobody

If this was football manager it would be zero chance of initial work permit plus one in 4 chance on appeal. If that is reflected in real life you also have to add on the issues with his age documentation.

It's not clear cut at all that he will be able to join us.

He'd have been a automatic yes under the previous system, even with the changes he's surely still likely to get it.

Does it matter that DR Congo aren't ranked in top 50? That's the only technical difference I can think of between between him and Mitrovic. Unless, relevant bureaucrats only work Mon-Fri, and we're worrying over nothing. :undecided:

I think it matters yeah.  As far as if you've played 75% of the games you're available for with a country ranked as 50th or above (ranking is the average over 2 years not current ranking) then you're guaranteed a work permit.  While if you're playing for a country outside of that you need to have played a higher percentage of games and it also then comes down to a decision (based on what other criteria I don't know).

New Song, purely to help ease my troubled mind. You'll have to picture me gyrating awkwardly on the spot: like singer above, in Mbemba video, crossed with Betty Boo--whose 'Where are you Baby tune' I'm channeling. I know, probably not a pretty sight, but then not a pretty state of mind. We need Mbemba!! Here goes...

Where are you Chancel?

We could have had so much fun,

It's driving me crazy,

Come back and tell me if it's on.

Where are you Chancel,

We all think that you're the one,

Can't cope with Willo,

I convinced myself he'd gone!

Not sure why anyone's worried like. We don't announce s*** until it's all sorted.

Could be nowt Dave, but:

Wijnaldum. Arrives: 10 July, pm; Medical 10 July; signed: 11 July, am ( < 24 hrs).

Mitrovic. Arrives: 20 July, eve; Medical 20 July; signed: 21 July (<18 hours).

Mbemba. arrives: 23 July, pm; Medical 23 July?; signed: ? (52 hours and counting).

:whistle: (Where are you Chanceellll...[oh no! It's starting again, quick move the coffee table, for feck sake draw the blinds !!])

Ee-e-e-oh-mbemb-a-weh

Ee-e-e-oh-mbemb-a-weh

mbemboweh, mbemboweh, mbemboweh, mbemboweh

In the jungle, the mighty jungle

Mbemba sleeps tonight

In the jungle, the quiet jungle

Mbemba sleeps tonight

Near the village, the peaceful village

Mbemba sleeps tonight

Near the village, the quiet village

Mbemba sleeps tonight

Hush my darling, don't fear my darling

Mbemba sleeps tonight

Hush my darling, don't fear my darling

The lion sleeps tonight

Ee-e-e-oh-mbemb-a-weh

Ee-e-e-oh-mbemb-a-weh

Please die in a fire at your earliest convenience

Not gonna sign him for my footy manager team mind.  Wijnaldum I already did last year, so was surprised when we got him.

http://fmscreenshots.weebly.com/uploads/8/0/0/0/800049/9764005_orig.png

19? Is that Football Manager 2002 you're playing?

Pretty sure the date of birth in the screenshot is the same one the Belgian court came up with (the one that was posted about 20 pages ago).

asked about him on a Belgian footy forum seeing as I know nowt about him

Chancel is very strong and fast, a great tackler, he can mark his man out of the game, he's hard to beat in 1v1 situations, ... yet there's a little bit of rashness to his game (less rash than Kompany was at his age) and he should improve his focus, reading of the game, positioning (only struggles slightly and his strenghts allow him to make up for this). Also he's composed on the ball, has good technique, decent passing, he's a threat in the air, ... everybody rates him highly and he should prove to be a steal.

One of my fathas mates who works in the club telt me everything is done and dusted with the player, the only thing holding up the deal is the players visa having to go through a 2nd panel approving his work permit which is due to his country not being in the top 30 nations in FIFA ranking, but in this panel they go off fee, wages, appearances made and liklihood of playing so they have absolutely no worries.

One of my fathas mates who works in the club telt me everything is done and dusted with the player, the only thing holding up the deal is the players visa having to go through a 2nd panel approving his work permit which is due to his country not being in the top 30 nations in FIFA ranking, but in this panel they go off fee, wages, appearances made and liklihood of playing so they have absolutely no worries.

Reassuring, (ish): hope he didn't call your pint a puff though!  :blackeye:

Following an agreement between Newcastle United and Anderlecht for the transfer of Chancel Mbemba, the player has been in Newcastle and has agreed personal terms with the Club and undergone his medical.

The documentation in relation to the Club's application for a Governing Body Endorsement (GBE), required in order for Mbemba to obtain a visa, was submitted to the FA on Wednesday morning (22nd July).

Unfortunately, the FA are unable to consider the Club's application until Thursday of next week (30th July). The FA advised the Club they were not able to convene a Panel any sooner.

The Club will provide an update for supporters at the earliest opportunity following the conclusion of the Panel hearing.