UK Politics: The Tory Years - 2015-17

BlufPurdi

What do you think will be the outcome of the General Election?  

198 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think will be the outcome of the General Election?

• Conservatives win increased majority
    • Conservatives retain small majority
    • Hung parliament
    • Labour win majority

More to the point, I can't see any of the Labour candidates as PM tbh. We are possibly looking at a 10 year project here.

This is the truth.  Forget 2020, but start a movement that'll sweep the Tories away after it.  In saying that, the UK public does get government fatigue, and I guess Labour could get in by 2025 by default, perhaps 5 years later than that.

More to the point, I can't see any of the Labour candidates as PM tbh. We are possibly looking at a 10 year project here.

This is the truth.  Forget 2020, but start a movement that'll sweep the Tories away after it.  In saying that, the UK public does get government fatigue, and I guess Labour could get in by 2025 by default, perhaps 5 years later than that.

Nothing will change in our politics until we get constitutional reform and electoral reform. 

Just read on the BBC, Osborne has asked unprotected goverment departments to look for 25% or 40% cuts from their budgets.  :yikes:

"hey look that department cant cope anymore, better ask a private company to come in and run it"

Nah, it's more about Osborne engaging in power play, putting the fear into other Secretaries of State. Part of his grand plan to succeed Cameron. Yes, there'll be cuts and privatisations without doubt, but this is purely power play.

Revising my view a tad as I watch the news just now, and it becomes clear the proposed/sought cuts are brutal and ideological. How come they didn't mention the need for these cuts during the election campaign, eh? Did they not know about the state of the economy? They must have inherited a terrible mess from the previous government...eh?

What's the craic with this devolution for regional cities lark? Anyone got a decent lowdown?

Or is it just than NCL workers and decision makers will get paid less than those at Whitehall? (given the brief rhetoric I've seen from GO)

What's the craic with this devolution for regional cities lark? Anyone got a decent lowdown?

Or is it just than NCL workers and decision makers will get paid less than those at Whitehall? (given the brief rhetoric I've seen from GO)

Off topic: Do you walk down Norham Road every morning?

Osborne as PM, god help us all.

He's equally powerful as Chancellor to be fair, the evil twat.

I don't particularly like the man but there's a lot of irony in you defending the rights of people to join ISIS while labelling George Osborne evil. :lol:

Osborne as PM, god help us all.

He's equally powerful as Chancellor to be fair, the evil twat.

I don't particularly like the man but there's a lot of irony in you defending the rights of people to join ISIS while labelling George Osborne evil. :lol:

I can't remember what I said about that ???

Nothing will change in our politics until we get constitutional reform and electoral reform. 

A while back when Obama was running for pres first time round, I said his platform was pretty pointless as big business would stop him. Same is happening over here, the country is moving to the right as it's what the money (the class of power) wants and it pushes it through it's PR arm (the media).

Regional devolution, central government gives them less cash to work with if the locals make a good job of it then it's a great decision by the Government, if they don't then the locals get the blame...win win for George.

Efficiencies? Where are they coming from then? Especially when the prison system is apparently already creaking, when schools are already underfunded, when colleges are already nearing financial breaking point, when there's a growing crisis in adult social care, when the DWP is pissing money down the drain on Universal Credit IT systems that just won't work, when our roads are potholed and overcrowded, and when there's an affordable housing crisis? Hmmm....sounds a doddle.

Just watched Rachel Johnson (Boris' sister) on Question Time from a couple of weeks ago, she talked a load of sense on almost every issue. Obviously not the DNA.

Quite attractive young lady too. Unlike the witch Soubry next to her.

Just watched Rachel Johnson (Boris' sister) on Question Time from a couple of weeks ago, she talked a load of sense on almost every issue. Obviously not the DNA.

Quite attractive young lady too. Unlike the witch Soubry next to her.

I just can't not see Boris, I tried I really did.

Efficiencies? Where are they coming from then? Especially when the prison system is apparently already creaking, when schools are already underfunded, when colleges are already nearing financial breaking point, when there's a growing crisis in adult social care, when the DWP is pissing money down the drain on Universal Credit IT systems that just won't work, when our roads are potholed and overcrowded, and when there's an affordable housing crisis? Hmmm....sounds a doddle.

NHS and pensions lefy out though since they are vote winners.

Archived