Art Thread

Clay

I've always fancyed getting into drawing and painting etc.. but whenever i've tryed i've either got overly frustrated and lost patience, or just though i was shit and give up. Any artists on the board that can give any tips, or little pointers.

Also post up a few pics of some of the work you have done.

I've always fancyed getting into drawing and painting etc.. but whenever i've tryed i've either got overly frustrated and lost patience, or just though i was shit and give up. Any artists on the board that can give any tips, or little pointers.

You don't have to draw or paint to get into art. You can think up concepts and realise them using everyday objects. One of my first things I did was a fridge full of chewing gum.

You don't have to draw or paint to get into art. You can think up concepts and realise them using everyday objects. One of my first things I did was a fridge full of chewing gum.

You an artist?

What did the mentioned work represent?

You an artist?

Wrigleys extra cool  :oops:

It's good to know things anatomically and be a little fearless about drawing them. Don't be too tentative. Break things down into shapes first. Painting is a whoooole other kettle of fish. -Might- post pics up later.

It's good to know things anatomically and be a little fearless about drawing them. Don't be too tentative. Break things down into shapes first. Painting is a whoooole other kettle of fish. -Might- post pics up later.

You should do  blueyes.gif

You an artist?

I welcome guesses. bluewink.gif

I was always into Art (GCSE +A Level etc), then got into graphics (GCSE + A Level), then got into product design (Diploma), then magazine design (Diploma), then newspaper design (Degree), which is what i do now.

did a huge painting for tesco kingston park a few christmas' ago, done a few other small ones but don't get much time to do big ones with my job now

You an artist?

I welcome guesses. bluewink.gif

Piss artist

and

Drunken accident

??

Yeah, I was wondering if photography would count as art :)  Shameless pimpage, I know, but you did ask for examples.  I'll stick to ones I took around here >_<

http://static.flickr.com/109/286959358_366f819880_o.jpg

http://static.flickr.com/120/289296525_f353d738f4_o.jpg

http://static.flickr.com/84/263298185_346edb655a_o.jpg

Would be intrigued to see some professional work, Garth.  Although maybe another thread is in order if this one is all about trad art.

Nice photos there I really like the beach scene very much, the third shot would have been nicer if the sun flare wasn't so promenant would have been more moodier if it was directly behind the pillar, but yeah nice pics!.

Aye.. problem is, I liked that long, almost vertical shadow and if I'd waited for the sun to go behind a pillar I'd have lost that; and if I'd moved, I'd have lost the angle.  I suppose I could have waited for the sun to go up a bit more, but I always think of these things too late.  My problem is that I'm almost entirely colour blind, so I tend to work with shapes and shadows more than colours and tones.  I'm addicted to into-the-sun shooting as a result >_<

Cheers for the comments, like :)  More here if anyone's of a mind to look :)

You have some nice pic's there!, do you sell much from your web site?

The first picture, is superb.

Futurism/Vorticism in a modern day photograph!

What's 'Vorticism' Testa?

Pretty much the same thing. I happen to think the picture is pretty dynamic, agressive almost, suggests a powerful force in movement, not abstract like so i'm talking a load of shite, as per.

Why the question?