This migrant crisis in Europe (From open arms to Gunboat patrols).

World peace? Are you f***ing nuts? That was rhetorical. There have been utterly stupid things said on this site, but this possible takes the cake.

The f***er gets bent out of shape from Megyn Kelly. what do you think he owuld do when a Putin gets the best out of him?

It was a symbolic move from him that I'll walk away from a deal if it's not good for me. And I'll do the same for America. I play the opposition on my term.

And no, why would Trump and Putin fight each other? It's in best interest of the world that USA-Russia are close to each other with respect. and Trump and Putin will get along and the signs are already positive that there is a mutual respect established between the two.

But then, if you want America to "PUNCH RUSSIA IN THE NOSE" as Kasich said in the debate back in December, or shoot down Russian jets as Chrsitie/HRC/McCain have suggested..then feel free to go and start WWIII that will have millions dead.

he resorted to petty insults when Kelly asked him moderately probing questions. great quality for a world leader, and suggests someone who is fucking unhinged. Jesus Christ, man.

Guest firetotheworks

Also racism.

So the Japanese are racist ?

Japan rejected over 98% of Islamic asylum applications last year, only accepting 27 case out of close to 5,000.

Has got to be the lowest ratio, and in your logic the most racist people on earth.

Racism is discrimination against another race just purely based on their skin colour when every other playing field is level. Wanting to maintain homogenous society where you respect your neighbors who are different from you is not racism. Good walls make good neighbours. and you well know by homogenous I don't mean 100% white/black. Just a healthy majority based on history of the country and their genes.

Angola should always have an overwhelming black majority

Sweden should always have an overwhelming white majority

It's not racism. It's just the way it should be.

Why is that "the way it should be"?

I don't know if you don't see it, but what you're saying is predicated on the assumption that there's something inherently better in racial/ethnic purity. You sound like someone from the 17th Century.

And yes, Japan is very racist.

Ridiculous example as well because Japan doesn't accept anyone to the extent that 2nd and 3rd generation South Koreans in Japan can't get citizenship. It's not an Islam/asylum thing, it's a Japanese thing.

Guest firetotheworks

More hilarious excuses.  Conservative estimates say, since '99, at least 25,000 civilians are dead.  Other estimates take it up to 150,000, with a slightly longer timeframe.  I've stuck up for Putin and Russia a fair bit in the last few years, but stop rewriting history to fit your view point of him. 

Bush, Obama, are also guilty of indiscriminate killing, but it's not a trade off.  To some degree, they're all as bad as each other, but at least those two are only around for 8 years max.

that's quite a massive "range" , almost 6 times. But as I said, considering the 1M+ lives that the Iraq war has caused, and on-going with leading to ISIS and Arab Spring....

Also, let's say Putin is to go. Do you know who' his oppositions?

- Gary Kasparov: Neo-con who says in his book he was disappointed that GWB didn't invade Iran when in power and expressed his sadness that McCain didn't win election in 2008 to spread "Democracy" and invade more countries in the middle east.

- Alex Navalny: vivid anti-migration campaigner,as opposed to Putin's open borders policy (imagine calling Putin "open border advocate [emoji38]). He campaigns for visas and work permits for central Asians, a financial separation of Chechnya and other Caucasian quasi states (like Dagestan) and a full border between them and the rest of Russia. Putin's propaganda media portraits him as a Nazi (sounds familiar)

@QM: We can argue all we want about race, races can be mixed up and who knows in 500 years, but no way I agree with cultural marxism. Cultures are different. A culture that is deep rooted to a role model that used to bang a 9 year old when he was 54, and advocates that female lives is worth half of those of a man and is so intolerant that advocates mass murder for drawing a cartoon, is in no way equal to our democratic values in the West, and one that the great fathers and ancestors fought so hard for to achieve.

Even for you this is spectacularly dumb. Even a basic grasp of history will tell you that cultures change and improve through the ages, they're not abandoned and accepted as the then, now and forever. If that had been the case with Britain there would be no Western Culture to compare to because it would have been presumably abandoned in the way you're advocating during the dark ages.

Merkel's saying most refugees will have to go back when the wars are over.

Not sure what to make of that. It's very reminiscent of the German policy towards the original Turkish guest workers during the Wirtschaftswunder in the '60s. Bluntly put, the expectation and desire was that these guest workers would fuck off home again after a few years.* They weren't allowed to bring their families over; integration and naturalisation were never on the cards. The German government actually paid unemployed guest workers to fuck off.

IMO, that policy and attitude has been a massive barrier to integration. The implicit message was "this is not your home!". An associated mindset still prevails to this day: "Your grandfather came from Turkey, therefore you are a Turk, not a German."** It doesn't matter if the "Turk" in question has never been to Turkey and doesn't speak Turkish.

* = Of course, they thought they were doing Turkey a favour by sending back workers with "proper training and skills" to that uncivilised backwater.

** = this does not apply if you're really, really good at football.

EDIT: Verb, thou shalt agree with thy subject.

It also depends how you class "when the war is over", seeing as refugees have been fleeing from both sides.  Would the people whose homes were destroyed and families killed by Assad be expected to go back if he got full power again?

That's a very 'how long is a piece of string?' timeframe as well.

That's what makes it so dangerous to say, imo.

She's basically saying, "This is not your home. At some point, perhaps 3 years from now, perhaps 20 years from now, we're going to throw you out."

That's the absolute kiss of death for any chance of integration. She's telling parents to ensure their kids are raised as Syrians/Iraqis because that's where they're going to end up.

It'd be better to give them all German passports right now and shred their other ones, and say, "you're Germans now. Here's a Bratwurst."

That's a very 'how long is a piece of string?' timeframe as well.

That's what makes it so dangerous to say, imo.

She's basically saying, "This is not your home. At some point, perhaps 3 years from now, perhaps 20 years from now, we're going to throw you out."

That's the absolute kiss of death for any chance of integration. She's telling parents to ensure their kids are raised as Syrians/Iraqis because that's where they're going to end up.

It'd be better to give them all German passports right now and shred their other ones, and say, "you're Germans now. Here's a Bratwurst."

totally agree with you.

More hilarious excuses.  Conservative estimates say, since '99, at least 25,000 civilians are dead.  Other estimates take it up to 150,000, with a slightly longer timeframe.  I've stuck up for Putin and Russia a fair bit in the last few years, but stop rewriting history to fit your view point of him. 

Bush, Obama, are also guilty of indiscriminate killing, but it's not a trade off.  To some degree, they're all as bad as each other, but at least those two are only around for 8 years max.

that's quite a massive "range" , almost 6 times. But as I said, considering the 1M+ lives that the Iraq war has caused, and on-going with leading to ISIS and Arab Spring....

- Gary Kasparov: Neo-con who says in his book he was disappointed that GWB didn't invade Iran when in power and expressed his sadness that McCain didn't win election in 2008 to spread "Democracy" and invade more countries in the middle east.

- Alex Navalny: vivid anti-migration campaigner,as opposed to Putin's open borders policy (imagine calling Putin "open border advocate [emoji38]). He campaigns for visas and work permits for central Asians, a financial separation of Chechnya and other Caucasian quasi states (like Dagestan) and a full border between them and the rest of Russia. Putin's propaganda media portraits him as a Nazi (sounds familiar)

@QM: We can argue all we want about race, races can be mixed up and who knows in 500 years, but no way I agree with cultural marxism. Cultures are different. A culture that is deep rooted to a role model that used to bang a 9 year old when he was 54, and advocates that female lives is worth half of those of a man and is so intolerant that advocates mass murder for drawing a cartoon, is in no way equal to our democratic values in the West, and one that the great fathers and ancestors fought so hard for to achieve.

Even for you this is spectacularly dumb. Even a basic grasp of history will tell you that cultures change and improve through the ages, they're not abandoned and accepted as the then, now and forever. If that had been the case with Britain there would be no Western Culture to compare to because it would have been presumably abandoned in the way you're advocating during the dark ages.

I would agree with you if the West was not actively allowing the preachers of the harshest version of this culture promote it at their Wahabbi mosque that promote the most aggressive and violent form of the ideology. We won't change it, by giving them a red carpet to come and set up camps and spread their garbage to people.

Justin Trudeau, a self-proclaimed feminist, had a meeting with an Imam at a Madrassa in Toronto taking selfies and doing prayers with him with a PR filming crew...The imam that is an avid advocate of wife-beating and polygamy. I don't how this works....This is not being "open" or "tolerant" , this is just basically saying your out-dated ideas are welcome here and here is a platform so you can run with it.

Here is a picture of the Madrassa. IN TORONTO. And there are thousands of Mosques and Madrassas like that in US, UK, France, Netherlands, and rest of Western Europe.

CYedfJ1WMAU_LUd.jpg

It also depends how you class "when the war is over", seeing as refugees have been fleeing from both sides.  Would the people whose homes were destroyed and families killed by Assad be expected to go back if he got full power again?

Obviously it's more nuanced than "no more war, here's a plane ticket", but the fundamental message of "you're only here temporarily" is extremely counter-productive.

At least in terms of integration.

It's a win in terms of support among people entitled to vote, and that is, always has been, and always will be the thing Merkel cares about. Everything else takes a backseat with her.

Guest firetotheworks

I would agree with you if the West was not actively allowing the preachers of the harshest version of this culture promote it at their Wahabbi mosque that promote the most aggressive and violent form of the ideology. We won't change it, by giving them a red carpet to come and set up camps and spread their garbage to people.

Justin Trudeau, a self-proclaimed feminist, had a meeting with an Imam at a Madrassa in Toronto taking selfies and doing prayers with him with a PR filming crew...The imam that is an avid advocate of wife-beating and polygamy. I don't how this works....This is not being "open" or "tolerant" , this is just basically saying your out-dated ideas are welcome here and here is a platform so you can run with it.

Here is a picture of the Madrassa. IN TORONTO. And there are thousands of Mosques and Madrassas like that in US, UK, France, Netherlands, and rest of Western Europe.

CYedfJ1WMAU_LUd.jpg

:lol: It really isn't. For example, I disagree with pretty much everything that you say, yet I'm discussing these things with you. Does that mean that I think you're views are welcome? No, I think they're quite abhorrent, but in discussing things, you, me and whoever else can learn new things and improve our knowledge, understanding, tolerance, experiences etc. Shutting myself off from EVERYTHING you have an opinion on would be foolish of me, and the Canadian PM shutting himself off from people he massively disagrees would be foolish of him. It isn't the adult reaction, let alone the one of someone leading a country.

CYedfJ1WMAU_LUd.jpg

:lol: It really isn't. For example, I disagree with pretty much everything that you say, yet I'm discussing these things with you. Does that mean that I think you're views are welcome? No, I think they're quite abhorrent, but in discussing things you, me and whoever else can learn new things and improve our knowledge, understanding, tolerance, experiences etc. Shutting myself off from EVERYTHING you have an opinion on would be foolish of me, and the Canadian PM shutting himself off from people he massively disagrees would be foolish of him. It isn't the adult reaction, let alone the one of someone leading a country.

well said, man.

CYedfJ1WMAU_LUd.jpg

:lol: It really isn't. For example, I disagree with pretty much everything that you say, yet I'm discussing these things with you. Does that mean that I think you're views are welcome? No, I think they're quite abhorrent, but in discussing things, you, me and whoever else can learn new things and improve our knowledge, understanding, tolerance, experiences etc. Shutting myself off from EVERYTHING you have an opinion on would be foolish of me, and the Canadian PM shutting himself off from people he massively disagrees would be foolish of him. It isn't the adult reaction, let alone the one of someone leading a country.

:clap:

You just don't get it, do you?

This is being open and tolerant. KI just laid out for you exactly why that's the case. And it should really give you pause for thought when someone is saying that KI is being the voice of moderation.

this is just basically saying your out-dated ideas are welcome here and here is a platform so you can run with it.

No, that's just how an extremist would interpret it. Like the imam you mention, and like you.

Indeed, this is basically what the board's mods are doing with you. Giving you a platform to espouse your extremist views that they and the majority of posters (apparently) disagree with.

If you were somehow able to persuade the board that extremists should not be allowed a public forum, you'd be first up against the wall.

Do you really not see that?

Excellent post. Hut ab, as they say round these parts.