This migrant crisis in Europe (From open arms to Gunboat patrols).

It's probably a good thing I've been sat here revising and not jumping in  :-X  :lol:

While he was a lot more explicit than I'd have liked, we can't pretend that there weren't some truths there. Even if you disagree with that, those views are held by an increasing number across Europe and it has to be handled well and not just pushed to the fringes or we'll see more of the balaclava brigade out beating up teenagers.

If you agree with everything that is happening that's fine but did you ask for it? Did any of us? It's a democratic issue at its heart, nothing to do with race or pro/anti immigration really.

"Read some books" is a crease like, it always is. As if there's only one political solution to everything and the oposing belief/party/system is born of ignorance :lol: As if every political party on the planet, with widely differing views, isn;t made up of those who actually do this shit for a living, and still disagree :lol:

**The Moderates outgoing party leader Fredrik Reinfeldt broke the silence and before Christmas Eve, and made a new leftist statement with regards to the upcoming re-election. The former prime minister now claims that Sweden's borders are fictional and that Sweden belongs to the immigrants who come here - not the Swedes.

The statements was made based on the planned new elections next year and Reinfeldt confirmed Mattias Karlsson (SD) perception, that elections are primarily a vote on immigration.

– It's an election on what kind of a country Sweden wants to be Reinfeldt told TV4.

– Is this a land owned by those who have lived here for three or four generations or is Sweden is what the people who come here in mid-life make it to be and developing it to be? He asked rhetorically.

– For me it is obvious, that it should be the latter and that an open society is both stronger and better, said Reinfeldt.

In connection with TV4's "Nyhetsmorgon" during the morning of Christmas Eve he went even further, claiming that Sweden's borders are only imaginary.

– What kind of a country is Sweden? Is it owned by those who lived here for four generations or those made up some kind of border? He said condescendingly.

Then he said that the Swedes are uninteresting as an ethnic group and that it is instead the immigrants who create the new Sweden.

–What the immigrants do in Sweden makes Sweden, he claimed.

http://www.friatider.se/reinfeldt-sverige-tillh-r-invandrarna-inte-svenskarna

I think that's what makes many Swedes jealous of immigrant groups. You have a culture, an identity, a history, something that brings you together. And what do we have? We have Midsummer's Eve and such silly things.

If two equally qualified persons apply for a job at a workplace with few immigrants, the one called Mohammed should get the job.

But that has nothing to do with ethnicity. Who's by the way Swedish and who's an immigrant?

https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Mona_Sahlin

This sort of stuff too, it's an alarming trend. Relatively more developed in Sweden but this stuff is as bonkers as the reactionary alternatives and just fuels the violent types.

It's probably a good thing I've been sat here revising and not jumping in  :-X  :lol:

While he was a lot more explicit than I'd have liked, we can't pretend that there weren't some truths there. Even if you disagree with that, those views are held by an increasing number across Europe and it has to be handled well and not just pushed to the fringes or we'll see more of the balaclava brigade out beating up teenagers.

If you agree with everything that is happening that's fine but did you ask for it? Did any of us? It's a democratic issue at its heart, nothing to do with race or pro/anti immigration really.

Eh, what?

agreed on some small level, but people like him make it indeed something more reactionary and xenophobic. You can be reasonable, and reasonably see the problems. Then you can utterly binary, and paint the issue as us vs The Other. Clearly you must agree that Costanza fell into the latter category face first.

agreed on some small level, but people like him make it indeed something more reactionary and xenophobic. You can be reasonable, and reasonably see the problems. Then you can utterly binary, and paint the issue as us vs The Other. Clearly you must agree that Costanza fell into the latter category face first.

Sure but just because people hold view X it doesn't imply view Y is false.

Sure but just because people hold view X it doesn't imply view Y is false.

tell Costanza that.

Trumpet visited for a wee peak there.  He'll be back. :snod:

I miss him already. If he's not here, how the fuck else am I supposed to feel morally superior?!?!?

Would anyone else be up for me patronising them for a spell?

tri it m8 u aint nuffin