Newcastle United vs Watford - Saturday 19th September at 3pm (not on TV)

Dave

In terms of how the season will shape up for us, I think we need a win to give the team morale a boost, which at the minute is obviously very low. As stated by a few others, looking at the teams we have played when we get to October, realistically I wasn't expecting any more than 5-6 points. Wait till Christmas and see how the team is performing is before I will pass any judgement. I just hope we have a go at home especially against Watford.

It's not must-win because there are 32 games after that and our fixtures become much kinder in October.

My interpretation of "must-win" is we're fucked if we don't win it, and we wouldn't be whatsoever.

It doesn't have to apply to end of season games when in a relegation battle. Treat them as must win now so you don't end up in that mess of a situation. Lose it now and we may regret not taking it more seriously later on.

You could wheel out the excuse of having X amount of games to turn it round for the rest of 2015, the mentality needs to be we fight tooth and nail for every game now. We can't accept being blasé about whether we win at home against Watford.

:lol: I'm just saying it's not must-win, if we draw it or whatever then we'll most likely be fine.

I've said since the fixtures came out that we'll be near the bottom come October but if confidence isn't shattered by then we could plough on and have an alright season.

Krul

Jaanmat  Colo  Mbemba    Haidara

Sissoko    Wijnaldum

Thauvan            De Jong          Aarons

Perez

Fuck defending.

Krul

Janmaat    Mbemba  Coloccini  Haidara

Wijnaldum  Sissoko

Thauvin              de Jong          Aarons

Perez

Fuck it.

Krul

Janmaat    Mbemba  Coloccini  Haidara

Wijnaldum  Sissoko

Thauvin              de Jong          Aarons

Perez

f*** it.

Agree De Jong and Perez HAVE to come into the side and Aaron's can really offer something on the wing. My worry is that McClaren will just be too cautious, constantly persisting with Anita/Colback options.

Needs to change it up for sat.

Doubt we'll see major formation 'surgery' but beginning to think that this makes best use of what we've got:

Anita

Thauvin          Wijnaldum

de Jong

Cisse            Perez

Same back four. I know Thauvin had a shocker last night (unforced errors, poor delivery,peripheral) but he's  always going to have peaks and troughs and we can't afford to let him get in a tail spin, confidence wise. He also previously linked well with Janmaat. I'd ensure he knows we need him, we appreciate what he has, and give him a half. If no improvement put Sissoko on. I don't accept that Anita played badly last night; it was the most combative I've seen him. He has earned the CDM slot at the mo, IMO. Perez and de Jong having pitch time and looking up for the challenge, were the positives for me( plus  Janmaat, that man is a captain). We need to win the next three games, I think we have a good chance of doing so, and if we do, the whole picture changes: our confidence and their confidence restored.

--------------------------------Krul---------------------------------

Janmaat----------Taylor---------Colo---------------Mbemba

---------------Muppet (1or2)----Wijnaldum----------------

Sissoko--------------------Dejong--------------------Thauvin

------------------------Ayoze-------------------------------

I have Mbemba as left back because he seems comfy when on the ball whereas haidara loses composure the further he gets up the field. we know Mbemba can defend..end of.

It's not must-win because there are 32 games after that and our fixtures become much kinder in October.

My interpretation of "must-win" is we're fucked if we don't win it, and we wouldn't be whatsoever.

Of course it's must win. You can't be serious in spouting this 32 games left bullshit. This is Watford a team most have down for relegation. If we can't beat them at home who the hell can we beat

This team has got into a losing mentality and is a beaten team as soon as they go a goal behind. We have won 3 league games in 2015 and still you get people like yourself saying we have 32 games to go. The 2 after Watford are Chelsea and City. So that's 30 to go effectively. So lose to Watford city and Chelsea and we have 2 points from 8 games. We are then playing catch up meaning we need to win 12 out of 30.... Difficult task for a team that's only won 3 out of 26 or so

Face it....if we don't start winning soon we are down no doubt about it. Terrible starts to seasons kill you just look at Chelsea I'd be amazed if they finish above City all because of their start

He's going to drop Anita but keep Colback isn't he?

I wouldn't, but he needs to drop one of them regardless. If ginger Jack is going to be any use to us at all it has to be as the holding midfielder. At least that will allow us to inject some real drive into the midfield.

Krul

Janmaat        Mbemba          Colo        Haidara

Wijnaldum    Tiote

Sissoko                  De Jong                Thauvin

Perez

Sick of the sight of Cisse, Colback and even Anita tbh.

Bench Cisse, Colback and Anita.

Start Perez, De Jong, Sissoko, Thauvin, Wijnaldum and Aarons.

If it's far too attacking of a midfield, tell the fucking back 4 and the right and left backs to sit more and not bomb up the pitch as often.

We need to score 3+ goals and not concede.