why is it so hard to do a Brexit

Parky

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It's because people will work for less, and it's a contributory factor as to why we aren't seeing wage growth like we should be doing considering our economic growth. There's also a very large black market economy in the UK (apparently 10%), not everyone is being paid the minimum wage.

Speaking from first hand experience in the north east I know of some builders that employ Latvian's and pay them as little as 20 quid a day.

It's because people will work for less, and it's a contributory factor as to why we aren't seeing wage growth like we should be doing considering our economic growth. There's also a very large black market economy in the UK (apparently 10%), not everyone is being paid the minimum wage.

Speaking from first hand experience in the north east I know of some builders that employ Latvian's and pay them as little as 20 quid a day.

I'd imagine that black market of Labour would probably grow if we left.

http://images.complex.com/complex/image/upload/t_in_content_image/nick-young-confused-face-300x256_nqlyaa.png

It's definitely not a left/right issue as such, although I can see how fear and nationalism could be used by the out campaign.

If you're pro business or a working class champion, you could believe that your aims are best furthered by working across Europe or that the benefits aren't worth the costs. Just hope people consider it properly before they decide.

You keep banging on about the anti foreigner rhetoric about leaving. It hasn't been touched once here or by the out campaign. 

Well great, if nobody is using immigration to play on people's fears I'll be more than happy.

Is there no legitimacy to people complaining about our border controls, or lack of? It has it's place in the debate because it is an issue, but obviously it shouldn't dominate.

Well great, if nobody is using immigration to play on people's fears I'll be more than happy.

Is there no legitimacy to people complaining about our border controls, or lack of? It has it's place in the debate because it is an issue, but obviously it shouldn't dominate.

I think, or rather hope, Ian sees the difference between the issue of border controls and this anti foreign rhetoric he's so scared of.

I hardly ever see anyone having a go at foreigners, but then I don't know any Britain First people, it seems i'm the only one of here that doesn't have one on FB.

Most of what I see is the opposite. Being able to manage our own affairs in trade would open ourselves up to the rest of the world a great deal more than we currently are. 

http://images.complex.com/complex/image/upload/t_in_content_image/nick-young-confused-face-300x256_nqlyaa.png

Well instead of EU citizens freely able to work here as is the case now, that may not be the case if we leave. I was only summising obviously, hence my use of the word "imagine".

It's just how the debate is framed. We seem to want 'control of our borders' when in fact what we have now is an amazing freedom to go anywhere in Europe as if we were citizens. When you think about that it's incredible.

In every debate that I know of, from jobs to benefits, EU immigrants are almost negligible in their impact compared to the rest of the continent and Africa etc.

I expect there would be a dispensation given to them. Or they could apply for citizenship, apply for visas, or maybe we could shoot them back across the channel with cannons. I'd say the chance of them being declared illegal immigrants is zero.

Say we do leave, wonder what happens to the few million EU migrants living, working and settled here who become potentially illegalised overnight?

I live in Germany. Nothing will happen. Germany will let people who have lived here and settled here carry on. And nothing will happen to the 50,000 iirc (inc students) Germans living in the UK.

Please let's move the debate onto serious matters.  :razz:

Out of the kindness of their hearts or is there a benefit to having those people there?

I imagine cause the vast maj are net contributors to the economy and Germany has the fastest aging population in Europe. ;)

Say we do leave, wonder what happens to the few million EU migrants living, working and settled here who become potentially illegalised overnight?

I live in Germany. Nothing will happen. Germany will let people who have lived here and settled here carry on. And nothing will happen to the 50,000 iirc (inc students) Germans living in the UK.

Please let's move the debate onto serious matters.  :razz:

I forgot Germans were the only nationality classed as EU nationals, how remiss of me. (not sure which smiley to put... :ructions:)

It was just an example. If I had it my way I'd kick all the Brits out. ;)

People are carrying on like nobody lived abroad before 1995. :lol:

If the Brits left Southern Spain the local economy would collapse.