Boxing

So...Crawford vs Porter thoughts? I'm a huge fan of both fighters and wouldn't be upset by either of them winning. I think Crawford is pound for pound just below Alvarez, he has that special something, can outbox but if you want to slug with him, he'll go there no problem. Porter is great too, and a naturally bigger bloke, been in with some of the best in his class. I like Crawford to win, probably on points, just not sure on the weight jump and Porter is no mug.

4 hours ago, Jordan said:

I’d say a comfortable UD for Crawford. Can’t see him being drawn into a firefight with Porter and will just box him on the outside. 

Agree, Crawford has the ability to win ffrom the outside, but Porter's style is geared to getting his opponent on the ropes and banging away and Crawford has that dog in him, if you try to draw him into a slugfest, he has a hard time saying no. One of my current favourite fighters.

2 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

Savannah Marshall is easily the best female fighter to watch IMO.

So fucking accurate. Unreal. Leaves herself open like but lands 90% of her shots. 

Just got back from the arena. Feeling really underwhelmed and a bit ripped off to be honest. Couldn’t believe the Rea Smith fight wasn’t on the Sky card as it was easily the best matched fight of the night and ended up missing it. We got there at 7 for the main card starting, watched three mismatches and then it was over. Poor from Hammer and Eubank’s opponent quitting on their stools without taking much punishment. Fair play to Marshall, her fight was good while it lasted. Really enjoy watching her, probably the only female boxer I do. Seems to have effortless power and doesn’t load up on her shots. She also fights like a man without trying to be rude [emoji38] relaxed style and not a million miles an hour sloppiness like we’ve come to expect from women’s fights. 

8 hours ago, Inferior Acuña said:

How was the April Hunter fight? Saw she lost. Been following her a bit recently.

The other lass came with a proper gameplan and executed well. Got on the inside and made it scrappy, looked like Hunter wanted to fight at range and pot shot but could hardly land anything clean. Had no plan B once that clearly wasn't working. 

Happy her opponent got the decision as was braced for a matchroom special on the cards. 

10 hours ago, Jordan said:

Just got back from the arena. Feeling really underwhelmed and a bit ripped off to be honest. Couldn’t believe the Rea Smith fight wasn’t on the Sky card as it was easily the best matched fight of the night and ended up missing it. We got there at 7 for the main card starting, watched three mismatches and then it was over. Poor from Hammer and Eubank’s opponent quitting on their stools without taking much punishment. Fair play to Marshall, her fight was good while it lasted. Really enjoy watching her, probably the only female boxer I do. Seems to have effortless power and doesn’t load up on her shots. She also fights like a man without trying to be rude [emoji38] relaxed style and not a million miles an hour sloppiness like we’ve come to expect from women’s fights. 

Pretty much the same. Real shame we missed out on Ritson as that was the main reason a lot bought tickets in the first place.

I thought the security was woeful, people standing where they shouldn't have been meaning others behind couldn't see - just glad we had good seats. Also the queues at the bar for a £7 pint of piss was an absolute joke. I genuinely stood for half an hour behind 4 people before I was served. Loads of posers around where we were sitting, just behind Savannah Marshall's parents.

Just watched Mikey Garcia lose to handpicked Sandor Martin. Garcia loves sticking his fist in the air after losing a round, IIRC he was doing it against Spence as well. I’ve always found Garcia overhyped, he seems to be good at most things but exceptional at nothing, and he has bounced around weight divisions picking up titles without getting big wins.

The Sky card was poor outside of the Marshall fight. I thought Eubank looked poor and basically just looked like an athletic guy doing a shit Roy Jones impression, and Hughie is Hughie, he’s decent but dull and will lose at world level.

3 hours ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Pretty much the same. Real shame we missed out on Ritson as that was the main reason a lot bought tickets in the first place.

I thought the security was woeful, people standing where they shouldn't have been meaning others behind couldn't see - just glad we had good seats. Also the queues at the bar for a £7 pint of piss was an absolute joke. I genuinely stood for half an hour behind 4 people before I was served. Loads of posers around where we were sitting, just behind Savannah Marshall's parents.

I think never officially announcing Ritson was off was a sly move from the promoter as well. I overheard a couple people round us asking what time he was fighting or if they’d missed him. 

10 minutes ago, Jordan said:

I think never officially announcing Ritson was off was a sly move from the promoter as well. I overheard a couple people round us asking what time he was fighting or if they’d missed him. 

I only found out around 1pm, speaking to a bloke in the toilets who'd travelled from Oxford just to see Ritson as well.

• Rich changed the title to Boxing

I love how they're acting shocked about Molina laying down. That's what he is now, he throws a few punches to make it look like he's trying then he calls it quits and waits for the next cheque.

Agree about Babic. Hearn is looking increasingly small time these days. Outside of Joshua he really doesn't have much, Canelo isn't his, Devin Haney is a free agent, and some of the fighters he's pushing just aren't very good. Imagine pushing Shannon Courtney and letting Savannah Marshall go to Sky. I think he's hoping Conor Benn makes it big, I'm not sure that's likely. Hearn seems to talk about ticket sales from guys like Babic and Fisher a lot, I can't see Al Haymon or Arum worrying about that sort of thing, they only care about who's going to be a world champion. I think he's preoccupied with heavyweights, no matter how average they are, because he thinks they're what the public wants.