Jonjo Shelvey (now playing for Çaykur Rizespor, on loan from Nottingham Forest)

Guest ManDoon

Wouldn’t be upset if he left. Feel sorry for him because he put a lot of effort in to sort himself out pre season; he obviously loves working under Howe and has said how much he loves the city. However, moving forward we need to be upgrading the likes of Shelvey whose best days are behind him.

11 minutes ago, STM said:

Even if he's fit, he's completely gone as a footballer at this level. Great vision and passing but he just can't run anymore.

If forest offer us any decent fee, we let him go and save on a shit ton of wages. Patch the position up with a loan until May.

Some hyperbole that. A fit Shelvey is a first team player in half the PL teams imo. Would have been in ours this year, as he was last season, had he not got badly injured.

Edited by Unbelievable

Happy for him to move on but I don't think he's finished as some people are claiming. He was good last season and probably the best condition he's ever been in. He'd have played a fair amount for us if he didn't pick up the I jury in the summer. 

Just now, Unbelievable said:

Some hyperbole that. A fit Shelvey is a first team player in half the PL teams imo. Would have been in ours this year, as he was last season, had he not got badly injured.

Nowhere near up to the running requirements in our current midfield. Looked awful against Palace.

I agree that he's up a bottom half PL standard.