Jonjo Shelvey (now playing for Çaykur Rizespor, on loan from Nottingham Forest)

Guest ManDoon

Feel it's a shame it ending now with him being out injured so long. I think he could still do a job as a squad player - he's gotten some stick but he's been important for us over the years, from promotion to that pivotal Leeds goal. Definitely be wishing him well. Makes total sense to sell though of course.

Good, don't like him and as others have said his attitude is shocking, was happy to coast along under shit managers when he was supposed to be one of our main men, he should have put the effort in then not just waiting until Eddie and to an extent Rafa turned up.

I don't even think his passing is that good and that is supposed to be his thing.

Taxi for shelvey 

Guest reefatoon
15 minutes ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

I don’t really get the idea of replacing Shelvey with Gallagher on loan, surely they’re both totally different profiles of midfielders? 

Obviously trust Ashworth and Howe etc.

They might be different in styles, but look at it this way. Out of the two of them, which one fits better into Howe’s system?

Edited by reefatoon

Newcastle United Sport GIF by Newcastle United Football Club

Had a big hand in our turnaround last season and was one of the first to buy into Howe and his team, starting the revolution. I’ll always remember him fondly just for that alone. 

Edited by cubaricho

Never really loved him. Pissed me off a lot more often than not, but perhaps I'm still thinking back with the shit stained Ashley goggles on. Wish him well, and hope we have a replacement lined up in the way of Maddison or Gallagher. (I also slagged Gallagher off big time when we played them at SJP, but he's way more dynamic than Shelvey which is what I expect us to be looking for.)

5 minutes ago, MagMal said:

Good, don't like him and as others have said his attitude is shocking, was happy to coast along under shit managers when he was supposed to be one of our main men, he should have put the effort in then not just waiting until Eddie and to an extent Rafa turned up.

I don't even think his passing is that good and that is supposed to be his thing.

Taxi for shelvey 

Fuck me a little harsh 😆 

He's had a bit of a roller-coaster of a career here, he's looked amazing in some games and lazy and disinterested in others. Talented but lacked application but he got his shit in a pile under Howe. Got no axe to grind as such but it's been a bit patchy. I'll wish him well but I'm far from devastated either. 

As long as he's replaced. 

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

Slightly sad about this one tbh, I like Shelvey and was really curious to see what a leaner version was going to be like under Howe, it's a shame that we'll never get to see it, but onwards and upwards.

Unable to cope with da press! :troll: