Jonjo Shelvey (now playing for Çaykur Rizespor, on loan from Nottingham Forest)

Guest ManDoon

I quite like him. He's been here exactly 7 years now, so a significant chunk of his career. Stayed with us in the Championship unlike Townsend (although may not have had a similar release clause), was a big part of that season and returning back to the PL immediately. Played over 200 games for us, and chipped in with some very important goals, most notably that winning goal against Leeds last January. 

I'll remember him well, and it is a little bit of a shame with all his 'we're going to be massive' 'want to be part of this' talk, but the injury clearly hasn't helped the situation from his perspective and we've probably moved on too quickly, and beyond him, and not worth triggering the clause if someone is happy to take him off our hands, and free us of those hefty wages. 

We can, and almost certainly will be upgraded, as will be the case for many players going forward, so the right time to go, but I'll certainly wish him well, and remember him in a good light.

Edited by Paullow

1 minute ago, LFEE said:

Nearly 8 pages of comments and not one calling this out as rubbish from Edwards. Is it because it’s news you wanted to hear 🙂

point? He’s a dick 

Edited by GWN

2 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Nearly 8 pages of comments and not one calling this out as rubbish from Edwards. Is it because it’s news you wanted to hear 🙂

It was more or less instantly verified by John Percy, who is shit hot on anything midlands related.

Seems like he crawled out of Bruce's arse and got himself a nice scoop.

24 minutes ago, astraguy said:

No ill feeling towards him tbh,suffered under shit managers/owners and believe if it wasn't for this injury he'd be key

Agreed. Don’t think we can rely on his aging frame to hold up. He’s been playing regularly since 16 at Charlton and Football’s equivalent of Father Time is heading his way with his scythe. Also he’s missed way more than 11 games.

88B65888-785F-4388-AFC3-C88CF5C2FE4F.png

Just now, The Prophet said:

It was more or less instantly verified by John Percy, who is shit hot on anything midlands related.

Seems like he crawled out of Bruce's arse and got himself a nice scoop.

I dread to think what he scooped from Bruce's arse.

1 minute ago, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

Would it not be viewed as 18 months given the option to extend?

That's a fair point, the trigger is apparently 2 more games and we could easily do that 

Still, I feel they hold all the aces as they could get a midfielder elsewhere whereas by extending we are stuck with his wages

9 minutes ago, Paullow said:

I quite like him. He's been here exactly 7 years now, so a significant chunk of his career. Stayed with us in the Championship unlike Townsend (although may not have had a similar release clause), was a big part of that season and returning back to the PL immediately. Played over 200 games for us, and chipped in with some very important goals, most notably that winning goal against Leeds last January. 

I'll remember him well, and it is a little bit of a shame with all his 'we're going to be massive' 'want to be part of this' talk, but the injury clearly hasn't helped the situation from his perspective and we've probably moved on too quickly, and beyond him, and not worth triggering the clause if someone is happy to take him off our hands, and free us of those hefty wages. 

We can, and almost certainly will be upgraded, as will be the case for many players going forward, so the right time to go, but I'll certainly wish him well, and remember him in a good light.

He's a waste of space and wages, man