Jonjo Shelvey (now playing for Çaykur Rizespor, on loan from Nottingham Forest)

Guest ManDoon

He was an absolute disgrace at times pre-takeover, but had seemed to gain a bit of consistency under Howe. I'd have piggy-backed him out of the club last October, now it's just a shrug and move on. 

27 minutes ago, Myleftboot said:

I heard from a former NUFC player a couple of years ago that Shelvey would have been a world beater but he loves his beer too much. Cans every night apparently.

Didn’t he admit a pre seasons back that he didn’t know beer was bad for him?

19 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

£70k-ish? We've probably saved £3-4m in wages/bonuses letting him & Wood go now. They'd have played very little.

Loan fee sorted there plus £150k off the wage bill. Not to mention Wood’s potential transfer fee.

I think that we all know deep down that Shelvey COULD HAVE BEEN a great player for us.

It is nobody else’s fault, apart from his, that he has not achieved this.

We have seen patches of form here and there but the bottom line is that he has consistently been average with a few peaks in between.

No love lost here

1 minute ago, buzza said:

I think that we all know deep down that Shelvey COULD HAVE BEEN a great player for us.

It is nobody else’s fault, apart from his, that he has not achieved this.

We have seen patches of form here and there but the bottom line is that he has consistently been average with a few peaks in between.

No love lost here

Yeah, I won’t miss his role as “eye of the hurricane” whilst all hell is going on around him. Wish him well. Leeds goal for that win O0 

Proper marmite player. I was one of the ones who really liked him. I liked what he was doing under Howe and what he might have been this season after trimming down and having a manager who could get the best out of him.

A bit moody and misunderstood, but aren't we all! Good luck to him. 

Poor for the majority of his time here, with the exception of a few purple patches that massive inflated fans' perceptions of him, especially the one towards the end of last season. 

He did a job when we needed him last year and helped keep us up - grateful for that, but this is absolutely the right time to sell. 

Thought he was really good last year, he was better than I thought he would be at nipping in and winning balls in the middle of the pitch and he was very tidy in getting the ball forward.

A nominal fee seems a bit odd like given Forrest just paid £15m for Wood. He technically has over a year left on his contract so it’s not like Forrest could have just waited until the summer. We should be getting at least £10m for him surely?

2 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Thought he was really good last year, he was better than I thought he would be at nipping in and winning balls in the middle of the pitch and he was very tidy in getting the ball forward.

A nominal fee seems a bit odd like given Forrest just paid £15m for Wood. He technically has over a year left on his contract so it’s not like Forrest could have just waited until the summer. We should be getting at least £10m for him surely?

His contract expires in 6 months

1 hour ago, Big River said:

one of the most overrated players we’ve ever had. delighted to finally see the back of him!

He was good in the Championship in games when he could just sit back and ping balls forward. Turn the team around and he’s shocking, he literally can’t turn.

Not only this, but having 1 player doing nothing but sit there hoping to ping balls across the pitch is going to leave you a player down for the majority of games in the Premier League.

I honestly don’t think he’ll be good enough for Forest this season, but if they do go down then he would be a key player for them next season.

1 hour ago, Hanshithispantz said:

No way did Forest pay £15m for Wood man[emoji38]