Jonjo Shelvey (now playing for Çaykur Rizespor, on loan from Nottingham Forest)

Guest ManDoon

Swansea's results have been worse without him in the team than with mind.

Eh?

you might have already done this groo, but what type of player is he? he looks like he can hit them from distance from what ive seen, any other attributes?

Leighton James got it right with the one in 5 or 6 remark, passes and games.

He has the ability, it's just if he feels like it. It showed after Monk left, his problems started when the chairman Jenkins said after he reluctantly sacked Monk that he blamed the players and mentioned Shelvey in particular for not putting the effort in, after that he completely turned off, made no attempt to play.

I can see him playing with enthusiasm now until the end of the season, so I would expect you'll see the best of him. He can be a game winner.

Once he's settled in and it may change, especially if he has a tiff with anyone at the club from groundsman to chairman.

O0

sounds like its going to be interesting!

Eh?

you might have already done this groo, but what type of player is he? he looks like he can hit them from distance from what ive seen, any other attributes?

Leighton James got it right with the one in 5 or 6 remark, passes and games.

He has the ability, it's just if he feels like it. It showed after Monk left, his problems started when the chairman Jenkins said after he reluctantly sacked Monk that he blamed the players and mentioned Shelvey in particular for not putting the effort in, after that he completely turned off, made no attempt to play.

I can see him playing with enthusiasm now until the end of the season, so I would expect you'll see the best of him. He can be a game winner.

Once he's settled in and it may change, especially if he has a tiff with anyone at the club from groundsman to chairman.

The chairman sounds like a right tosser, sacking Monk and then diverting the blame to the players.

The signings will change the dynamic of the team completely. Shelvey in particular, he can play accurate balls over the top to send Mitrovic clear, giving him scoring opportunities that he hasn't been afforded so far. Also because of his ability to shoot from distance, teams will have to mark Shelvey more closely, giving Sissoko or Wijnaldum more space. That can only be a good thing.

Tiote, Colback and Anita have been dead weight in the team for too long. The jury is out on whether Saivet is the answer, at least they are asking the right questions now.

Eh?

We started the season well in August, then after the first International break we started going downhill badly in September (Shelvey played every game) it got worse in October (Shelvey played every game).

the first game he was missing was end of November against Liverpool when he had a slight injury. November was a bad month, 3 games lost 2 drew 1, he played the first two.

Monk's last game was the first in December against Leicester and Shelvey was still out. He missed the Man City game where we played well but lost and returned for the next game, West Ham as a sub as he was against West Brom. By now he was showing disinterest.

He started against Palace after Christmas as was totally not bothered, even took a throw in and passed it to a Palace player!! he was subbed after an hour and dropped for Man Utd and recalled to show he could fight for his place against Oxford where his best move was pulling up his socks.

With Shelvey starting: 15 points in 14 games

Without Shelvey starting: 4 points in 7 games

Obviously it was hardly rip roaring form when he starts but there you go.

The signings will change the dynamic of the team completely. Shelvey in particular, he can play accurate balls over the top to send Mitrovic clear, giving him scoring opportunities that he hasn't been afforded so far. Also because of his ability to shoot from distance, teams will have to mark Shelvey more closely, giving Sissoko or Wijnaldum more space. That can only be a good thing.

Tiote, Colback and Anita have been dead weight in the team for too long. The jury is out on whether Saivet is the answer, at least they are asking the right questions now.

Looking forward to seeing the pass that could send Mitro clear, mind.

Eh?

We started the season well in August, then after the first International break we started going downhill badly in September (Shelvey played every game) it got worse in October (Shelvey played every game).

the first game he was missing was end of November against Liverpool when he had a slight injury. November was a bad month, 3 games lost 2 drew 1, he played the first two.

Monk's last game was the first in December against Leicester and Shelvey was still out. He missed the Man City game where we played well but lost and returned for the next game, West Ham as a sub as he was against West Brom. By now he was showing disinterest.

He started against Palace after Christmas as was totally not bothered, even took a throw in and passed it to a Palace player!! he was subbed after an hour and dropped for Man Utd and recalled to show he could fight for his place against Oxford where his best move was pulling up his socks.

With Shelvey starting: 15 points in 14 games

Without Shelvey starting: 4 points in 7 games

Obviously it was hardly rip roaring form when he starts but there you go.

As our player he missed 6 games (he came on as late sub in 2), I think of the games you said he missed you included Sunderland which 1. was a farce that the ref handed to them and 2. he wasn't our player any more.

Of the 15 points in 14 games, 8 came came in the first 4 games, when we started well. The next 9 games, in which he played every game we gained 7 points, 3 of which came in a win against Villa. So he played every game until the end of November when he missed Liverpool because of an injury. The next game after Liverpool was Leicester after which Monk was sacked. You should read the match threads on our forums and see how much the fans thought of his effort during this period.

3 games he missed through injury (although there was a rumour he stormed out of the ground in one game when he found he was a sub) , 2 games he came on as late sub after the injury, his first full game after his injury was against Palace in which he was woeful and subsequently dropped for the next game away to Man Utd, the last league game before he left.

Or because he's not that good? after not listening to West Ham, Charlton etc etc fans with concerns to Pardew. I have learnt my lesson with regards to fans criticism, usually they know what they are talking about when it comes to their club.

Tbf loads of our fans think Ben Arfa has no end product and also think Sissoko is shit

Or because he's not that good? after not listening to West Ham, Charlton etc etc fans with concerns to Pardew. I have learnt my lesson with regards to fans criticism, usually they know what they are talking about when it comes to their club.

Tbf loads of our fans think Ben Arfa has no end product and also think Sissoko is s***

Don't get me wrong, I think he'll deliver for you this year and probably next, he is good no doubt. Its if he can keep his head straight.