Jonjo Shelvey (now playing for Çaykur Rizespor, on loan from Nottingham Forest)

Guest ManDoon

21 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Kephren Thuram, Alan Varela, Edson Alvarez, Moises Caicedo, Milinkovic-Savic, McTominay, Fofana, Neves

Berge was mentioned very recently.

Edited by madras

1 hour ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I’ve warmed to Jonjo recently but let’s face it, he’s strictly a bottom half player. 

Admire him for putting in the work under Howe though. Hope he does well at Forest if he goes. 

Hopefully does well against Spurs, Man Utd, Liverpool and the others around us. A 25 yarder free kick going in would be really sweet.

Possible we see Longstaff as someone who might drop to the bench role, and/or we’re planning to only play 2 CMs in the future with someone more attacking in a number 10 role. Quite interesting anyway. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

Seems like it’s player driven this. As in, we weren’t expecting this or planning it. 

I don’t think it’s a given that we’ve let him go because we’ve got another midfielder lined up to come in. 

4 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Possible we see Longstaff as someone who might drop to the bench role, and/or we’re planning to only play 2 CMs in the future with someone more attacking in a number 10 role. Quite interesting anyway. 

Maddison, Ashby and a CM and it's been a good window.

Edited by relámpago blanco

2 minutes ago, mattypnufc said:

Fml if we end up with McTominay. I can see potential in Gordon, but absolutely no redeeming qualities about that lad. 

He's better than what we've got, but not a CL quality player. It would be a sideways step and one I would find hard to get behind.

I'll always have a soft spot for Jonjo, he carried us fantastically in the championship and back to the premier league and produced some important moments for us, i agree he wasn't always on top form but he gave us more than many others who played for the club and wish him nothing but the best if he is to leave.

2 hours ago, The Butcher said:

So in one post he says search intensifies for a replacement and in another he says no more incoming.  Which is it? Can't be both !!

Edited by duo

Really frustrated me at times, but was able to raise himself to be useful, but I still think he let himself down under Rafa. We were so much better when he got dropped and the only reason for that was he wasn't willing to do the running in a 2 man midfield. He then enjoyed being more relied upon under Bruce but the squad was so much worse.

Last season under Howe though he did seem to buy in and was very good. Really unfortunate with injuries this season. Think good man management tbh, no point fighting to keep players everyone knows are surplus to requirements anyway.

I was done with Shelvey when he got that red card last season but the goal against Leeds counts to a huge degree in helping us to stay up. He’s clearly worked extremely hard to get himself into the best shape of his life and he has enough quality to play in the league for another two-three years for a team in the bottom half. Wish him well if he goes 

2 hours ago, midds said:

Absolutely fine with moving Shelvey on on the proviso that we bring in his replacement before the deadline. Him out and no-one in weakens us and is asking for trouble. 

Not missed him this season due to injury so Gordon in, is more than a replacement.