Jonjo Shelvey (now playing for Çaykur Rizespor, on loan from Nottingham Forest)

Guest ManDoon

2 minutes ago, SweMag said:

Shelvey said this in the summer:

"I’ve got three games to get another year, and hopefully I should do that this season. I mean, I’d be a bit worried if I didn’t!"

Tbf he probably would if he didn’t go to Forest 

I think he’s been great under Howe if a little injury prone as always. Plenty players lacked consistency, the right attitude under the various clusterfuck set ups before Howe came in. Been a good servant and good luck to him. Lascelles is the obviously big name of the old generation to go in the summer. 

Edited by ExiledGeordie

14 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

Copied the original reply tweet out of respect  😉😂

Sheff United commentary, 6mins in, Shelvey scores 😎

The Sheffield United commentary :lol:

Going on about Shelvey's bad behaviour for a captain then "I don't know what they're checking" :lol:

(Also Joelinton upfront and falling over in a shooting position at the end)

Edited by Inferior Acuña

8 minutes ago, Inferior Acuña said:

The Sheffield United commentary :lol:

Going on about Shelvey's bad behaviour for a captain then "I don't know what they're checking" :lol:

(Also Joelinton upfront and falling over in a shooting position at the end)

The referee doesn't blow his whistle until after the ball is in the back of the net, and even waves advantage, hilariously shit commentary that :lol: 

Just now, STM said:

They will do their utmost to replace him but ultimately this was a deal they had to do.

They didn't want Shelvey triggering an extension.

This. Great opportunity for Shelvey to get extended ‘Shelv life’ in the Premier League, great chance for us to clear the books of the fringe players who will become surplus to requirements on our accelerated trajectory. The risk of him triggering that extension and another £70k a week contract, at a time we need capacity in wages:turnover, is too great. 

Ritchie, Lascelles, Fraser, Lewis, Manquillo, Krafth, Gillespie, Darlow - all “has been” or “never will be” players now.