Jonjo Shelvey (now playing for Çaykur Rizespor, on loan from Nottingham Forest)

Guest ManDoon

The midfield completely ran out of legs in the second half after such an intense first 45 and we had nobody to bring on there other than Anderson. It’s not a smart move to go into the last 19 games like this.

1 minute ago, Weezertron said:

Was the Jonjo goodbye shown on sky? I was making a sandwich…

hopefully I’ll get to see a clip 

Aye, showed him on the pitch at half time then in the dressing room after. He took part in one last team photo.

28 minutes ago, Wilson said:

He got a good farewell.  Never been his biggest fan nor a massive critic, canny servant and pleased he's had a decent send off the neet. 

Wish him well. 

Not his biggest fan either, but deserves credit for making the effort tonight. 

There was a sentimental part of me that likes having one of the promotion lads in and around the team. We've still got Ritchie and Lascelles, but Shelvey, while not a starter, was the only one left that I thought might play some significant role (e.g. if Bruno were to be out..)

He's been very up and down for us, but there's no doubt that he played his part in us being where we were are now. Both in the Championship season, and the second half of last year, he was arguably one of our most important players.

Right, just watched Sean Longstaff walk into the dressing room on tele after getting his MotM award.........is that Jon Jo on the left? 

Edit ..aye it is....just mentioned.

Edited by madras

I previously admitted to being so-so on Jonjo, not in a bad way. 

But the manner in which he's left the club has put him up a few levels in head. Not very often you get a player leave these days and feel like they 'got it'. But it seems he really did us as a fanbase and as a club. 

Edited by Weezertron