Jonjo Shelvey (now playing for Çaykur Rizespor, on loan from Nottingham Forest)

Guest ManDoon

6 minutes ago, PhilT said:

Still gave years to the club

While getting £60,000 a week plus. Not that he doesn’t deserve a decent reception but let’s not pretend like he was here out of charity. We were paying him a wage that no one else would and now he’s playing for forest for the same reason. I don’t dislike him for it but it doesn’t make him worthy of legend status either.

Edited by NE28

10 minutes ago, Ronson333 said:

Just heard the comment, he can fuck off

If you read them it sounds like he's being a prick. But in the interview its clear he's having a bit of a joke about it and how everyone is moaning, he even smiles. 

8 minutes ago, NE28 said:

While getting £60,000 a week plus. Not that he doesn’t deserve a decent reception but let’s not pretend like he was here out of charity. We were paying him a wage that no one else would and now he’s playing for forest for the same reason. I don’t dislike him for it but it doesn’t make him worthy of legend status either.

Definitely not saying he’s a legend mate. Didn’t particularly like his antics or interview tonight either. But he was an important player for us for years and it would be churlish to deny that. 

No way was he being serious

Just shite "bantz"

He got a class reception before he left us he's not gonna spoil that. He's said nowt but good things about us

Edited by jack j

Just now, gbandit said:

The comments were banter but why was he sliding in from behind multiple times on Bruno. he’s a total liability, glad he’s gone 

Agreed on both points. He'd love to have been here for the rest of his career, but just like when he was here, he was chasing shadows. Not up to the top level, but wish him well at Forest.

5 minutes ago, PhilT said:

Definitely not saying he’s a legend mate. Didn’t particularly like his antics or interview tonight either. But he was an important player for us for years and it would be churlish to deny that. 

I never took to him personally the way others did and thought he was as disappointing throughout his time here as he was impressive. For every 2 month high he had there was 6 months of disappointment either side imo but Tbf there was some very high highs for where we were at the time. His championship season, playing next to Diame under Rafa and a couple of months under Howe were impressive but his time outside of that left a sour taste in my mouth personally. Maybe I’m just being harsh after having high expectations when we signed him.

Just now, NEEJ said:

So glad we're shot of him. Yes we should've replaced him before letting him go, but he's an awful footballer. 

Pretty clear that Rafa wanted to replace him 5 or so years ago and no doubt in my mind that he was right. Not all shelveys fault but obvious he’s just not a player capable of being part of a team to get us where we want to go. Same as players like gayle and Ritchie, obviously they’re going to want to stay because they know they’ll never play for a club like this again but the they should really have been let go a few years ago

He was being serious at first and was angry.

Then he realised he didn't want the hassle so said it again but in a joking way and clarifying it was a joke.

I'm glad he's no longer here, I thought he was poor as usual this evening.