Jonjo Shelvey (now playing for Çaykur Rizespor, on loan from Nottingham Forest)

Guest ManDoon

1 minute ago, Mountain said:

He was being serious at first and was angry.

Then he realised he didn't want the hassle so said it again but in a joking way and clarifying it was a joke.

I'm glad he's no longer here, I thought he was poor as usual this evening.

No he wasn't man. Stop fabricating stuff.

He played hard tonight, and was clearly motivated going up against his former team mates, and probably wanted to get one over on them and show his commitment against his former team for the home fans.

No big deal. Good test that we passed with flying colours.

He's only ever really spoke positive words about us, the club and the area. Have no problems with how he played, he was fired up and made a few daft challenges like he has throughout his career. 

We wanted to keep him, he left as it was a better long term deal for himself. Don't really have any issues against him, was probably one of their better players tonight. 

1 hour ago, gbandit said:

The comments were banter but why was he sliding in from behind multiple times on Bruno. he’s a total liability, glad he’s gone 

To be honest, I think it was as much Bruno knowing he had his number and manipulating him into fouls. 4d chess vs. checkers kind of thing. You could see there was no spice in the reactions after the fouls.

Saw nothing tonight that made me regret losing him fortunately.

I like Shelvey and I'll thank him for kinda carrying on and putting up with shit. I would always respond with "When?" when anyone said he was a apeticularly good passer of the ball for us, though. I dont think we've particularly lost all that much with him leaving, but I do hope he does well at Forest and gets to enjoy the rest of his footballing career.

Typical Shelvey performance really. On the whole pretty poor, did barely any running, some terrible challenges but the odd good ball that looks good on the highlights. The fact he was, as always, blowing out his arse after 30 mins made it nice and easy for our midfield to run rings round them.

No problem with his comments though, he clearly loves the club and the region and any negative comments were completely in jest.

8 hours ago, NE28 said:

While getting £60,000 a week plus. Not that he doesn’t deserve a decent reception but let’s not pretend like he was here out of charity. We were paying him a wage that no one else would and now he’s playing for forest for the same reason. I don’t dislike him for it but it doesn’t make him worthy of legend status either.

He was on £80k/pw when he first joined.  I won’t say he stole a living - he didn’t take the piss - but he was thoroughly, thoroughly mediocre for the vast majority of his time in a B&W shirt.  

8 hours ago, KaKa said:

No he wasn't man. Stop fabricating stuff.

He played hard tonight, and was clearly motivated going up against his former team mates, and probably wanted to get one over on them and show his commitment against his former team for the home fans.

No big deal. Good test that we passed with flying colours.

I disagree.

61% of his 23 PL goals have been scored from outside the box. Of all players who have scored 20 or more PL goals only 2 have a higher ratio - Laurent Robert and David Ginola.

In the last 10 years no one has more than his 5 PL red cards.

14 minutes ago, sempuki said:

Think he's a bit of a weirdo and was probably trying to be funny (it didn't work).

I wouldn’t say ‘weirdo’ just quite introverted. You could see him spark up when he talked about his time here.

His performance today showed you why his was sold, nowhere near what we need. 

Interesting he said he wanted to go into coaching, he’ll need to change a lot to do it

3 hours ago, DahnSahf said:

61% of his 23 PL goals have been scored from outside the box. Of all players who have scored 20 or more PL goals only 2 have a higher ratio - Laurent Robert and David Ginola.

In the last 10 years no one has more than his 5 PL red cards.

Three players who should never be in the same sentence.

He's just a nice, not very bright, emotionally unstable, introverted lad who loves football. There's really not much more to it than that. By his own admission. No need to get too upset or develop any grand theories about his motivations.

Edited by 80

:D

"I didn't think they [Newcastle] would whinge as much as they did on the pitch. But it is a game of football," he told Sky Sports.

"I represent this football club now. I will give it my all. But yeah, a lot of whingebags in their team. I will tell them that - only in a jokey way.

"I hope they get into Europe and I have just positive words about the club."