Jonjo Shelvey (now playing for Çaykur Rizespor, on loan from Nottingham Forest)

Guest ManDoon

I don't rate Shelvey that highly tbh

I am of this opinion. It worries me how much creative burden he will have to carry next season. Signing a capable attacking midfielder should be an imperative in this window.

This, while when he played well we played well in the championship he didn't play well for a substantial part of the season and we suffered a bit. He has plenty of time in premier league and has shown himself to hardly be top quality. Think he's done well but cannot carry the creative burden for the whole team.

Agree with this. Offered very little after he returned from his ban but got away with it because he's popular with fans.

He was still miles better than any other alternative we could have played instead of him

Agree with this. Offered very little after he returned from his ban but got away with it because he's popular with fans.

He was still miles better than any other alternative we could have played instead of him

I do agree with that, purely based on the fact we had and have absolutely nobody to challenge him and it remains part of the problem that I think we have now.

He's a decent enough option as an attacking option, just not good enough to hold down a regular spot imo. I don't mind him being here, but we should be looking to upgrade this season because he just doesn't do enough defensively for top level football.

He's a decent enough option as an attacking option, just not good enough to hold down a regular spot imo. I don't mind him being here, but we should be looking to upgrade this season because he just doesn't do enough defensively for top level football.

Think I'm in the small minority that thinks he's one of the best midfielders we've had in 20 years :lol:

Way too early to say that about him

True, as not as good as Steve Watson playing in that role, or Steve in any role. He'd have won an oscar in Birdman, i just know it.

Guest neesy111

True, as not as good as Steve Watson playing in that role, or Steve in any role. He'd have won an oscar in Birdman, i just know it.

You're weird.

You're weird.

Fucking hell, this must be the first time you got this right.

Have a wank or something, you deserve it. :naughty:

From the training pics I've seen it looks like he has lost a load of weight.

if he's done something to improve his stamina so he can get up and down the pitch for a full 90 minutes it could be a game changer for shelvey tbh

hopefully he's learned how to tackle as well

• 2 weeks later...

Exactly all the right things you should be saying to get back in the England team, right Jonjo? :lol: I'm probably his biggest fan, but what a f***ing idiot lol.

Needs to kept away from microphones for his own good.

However, he looks in better shape than I've ever seen him before. There's always been a certain amount of hype in the game around Shelvey which I've never quite understood, but if there have been fitness issues that have blocked his potential, then that explains it.

If he's feeling better about himself, it'll hopefully make him less inclined to give away the petulant fouls, which seem to be borne of frustration.