Jonjo Shelvey (now playing for Çaykur Rizespor, on loan from Nottingham Forest)

Guest ManDoon

He's always been like this but used to have moments of quality that made up for it. None of that this season though. He's now on a par with the likes of Geremi, Amady Faye and Alan Smith at their worst. 

10 minutes ago, buzz said:

He's always been like this but used to have moments of quality that made up for it. None of that this season though. He's now on a par with the likes of Geremi, Amady Faye and Alan Smith at their worst. 

I agree with you 100% for the first year or so, my main issue was his inconsistancy and his overall shooting ability in the first couple of seasons. Agree also, that over the last season and a half (he had a period in the first half of last season when he did ok/average/reasonably well - depending on opinion), where his influence in games over this period is virtually ziltch; and his hollywood balls; 95% (if not more) of the time; go straight to the opposition and nowhere near their actual target.  He also looks like he is not bothered or trying throughout the games, which in unforgiveable, especially as he is the current captain of the team.

Edited by et tu brute

Every other club has him sussed tactically. They tell their midfielders to run into the box knowing he won’t track back.

He plays maybe 3 good passes on average each game and does nothing else. Doesn’t tackle, doesn’t press effectively, rarely scores. He’s a complete waste of space.

The same reason as mentioned before is why he’s still here. Nowhere else will come in for him.

He’s also a very unlikeable person. One of many at this club.

This cunt is a worse captain than Michael Owen.  At least Owen still scored goals despite his disinterest.

Edited by Sima

Doesn't even do the limited "good stuff" he used to do anymore. 

Shelvey, Gayle, Ritchie, Clark, Murphy. All players that were out or about to be moved on by Rafa. All the type of players you would find in relegation or championship teams.

While Murphy/Clark/Ritchie have shown to be useful at times if they can be replaced his summer jettison them all with Hendrick, Carroll, Atsu, Krafth too. Kick the longstaffs out on loan to boot.

4 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Are there stats available online that prove what we’re seeing with our own eyes?

The thing about the stats is that they will probably go against what we are seeing. I.e. he makes the easy back pass to the central defence or to the side quite often and makes cowardly runs backwards after he realises he’s fucked up and let his man go

• 2 months later...

I'd been enjoying summer. Really enjoyed the Euro's, a massive distraction from this shit.

Now two of the top threads on here are about Steve fucking Bruce and Jonjo fucking Shelvely. What a way to bring me back down to earth :rant: Football is shit again.

Guest HTT II
3 hours ago, nbthree3 said:

Good, that instantly improves the shit team to be a tiny percent less shit without him, I’ll take that. How he’s made it this far as a ‘footballer’ I’ll never know. 

Edited by HTT II

2 hours ago, Shearergol said:

I'd been enjoying summer. Really enjoyed the Euro's, a massive distraction from this shit.

Now two of the top threads on here are about Steve fucking Bruce and Jonjo fucking Shelvely. What a way to bring me back down to earth :rant: Football is shit again.

I like Jordan Pickford more than I like most of our players these days :lol: 

When asked about his absence, Bruce told reporters: "Jonjo hurt himself before pre-season doing running on his own."

-

Can be dangerous that running malarkey. Must be why Jonjo barely ever does any on a matchday.

Guest HTT II
11 minutes ago, Pilko said:

When asked about his absence, Bruce told reporters: "Jonjo hurt himself before pre-season doing running on his own."

-

Can be dangerous that running malarkey. Must be why Jonjo barely ever does any on a matchday.

Like fuck does he run at all, he barely walks…