Jonjo Shelvey (now playing for Çaykur Rizespor, on loan from Nottingham Forest)

Guest ManDoon

Guest neesy111

The old judging a player purely on their stats.  I've watched shelvey at nufc now for 5 1/2 years and he's absolutely overrated.

Aye, load of shite that. He's a lazy, miserable, unreliable luxury player who has a good game in every 12. 

As our esteemed manager says "you can have all sorts of statistics about whatever you like".

He has 1 decent game in like, 10. If that. It's why he's still here and why he even stayed in the Championship with us in 2016/17, just the standard in the league that season was shocking so he only needed to put in a 6/10 performance to look like he was running the midfield. Plus he had Rafa. Can't remember a good performance he's had since Benitez left, I know he was our top scorer in 2019-20 ( :lol: ) but I genuinely can't. Last time I remember him being any around decent or above was in the last few home games of 2017/18.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

He needs replacing so we can move forwards but the system he finished the season in made him look decent. All he has to do is pick the ball up off the centre halves and spread the play to one of our runners. He's so deep he doesn't get left for dead in a foot race and he doesn't even attempt to go upfield. 

10 hours ago, toon25 said:

5 and a half fucking years. Christ.

There'll be games this season where Darlow, Clark, Lascelles, Dummett, Ritchie, Shelvey, Hayden and Gayle all feature. In the fifth season following promotion. Absolute joke. 

• 2 weeks later...

How many times does he have to let down the people that put faith in them before they release he is a lost cause.

Think how much more effective Miggy and Hayden could be if they weren't making up for the spaces and mistakes shelvey creates by simply quarter arsing it. 

Has to be replaced.

33 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

I actually thought he was decent on the ball today :lol: off the ball though its like playing with 10 men, Soucek and Rice are light years ahead of him.

He ran around. Did nothing and got booked for a completely unnecessary foul. He’s a fraud and you’ve been duped. 

3 hours ago, RS said:

He ran around. Did nothing and got booked for a completely unnecessary foul. He’s a fraud and you’ve been duped. 

Erm...I know. :lol: Off the ball it's like playing with 10 men when he's in the side, like I posted.

1 hour ago, huss9 said:

he did have a decent first 10 minutes mind. then was spent.

standing at the back taking it of our centre halfs and then rolling it back to them. what the actual fuck?

The fact that he sits all just about the entire game sitting five yards in front of the defence, means that any half decent team will always dominate the midfield. Does Jones actually have any say on who plays as I can’t imagine playing Shelvey fits into his tactical plans.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

fuck me... the quotes from this cunt in the chronicle today!!!!

he's decided to see a nutritionist to help him who's told him to cut out the post-match beers.

eh? how long has he been a professional footballer?