Jonjo Shelvey (now playing for Çaykur Rizespor, on loan from Nottingham Forest)

Guest ManDoon

6 minutes ago, joeyt said:

What was his quote about playing for Leeds again?

They run too much for him or something

“We obviously played Leeds at St James’ Park about a month ago now, and that Rodrigo fella was in the middle.

He was meant to be playing centre midfield and he was just all over the place.

I said to him, ‘geez can you just stand still for one minute, because you’re just running around like a nutcase’.

Guest ManDoon

A prick, a terrible footballer, absolutely zero positional awareness, no athleticism, horrible decision maker, lazy, bald and weird looking. 

He has to be up there with the thickest players we've ever had, like. I'm talking both general and on-field intelligence. He's a fucking weapon/whopper/rectangle (take your pick) and a lazy bastard to boot, which makes him even worse. 

He also has this horrible tendency to put too much backspin on his stupid little clipped passes he looks to spray about. Of all the things this takeover will bring about, his exit is one of my most anticipated moments. 

6 minutes ago, Ste said:

“We obviously played Leeds at St James’ Park about a month ago now, and that Rodrigo fella was in the middle.

I said to him, ‘geez can you just stand still for one minute, because you’re just running around like a nutcase’.

:facepalm:

2 hours ago, Decky said:

Hopefully we’ve a new manager soon and he’s played his last game for us. 

We should make it the first question asked of prospective managers: “In your opinion, would you play Shelvey, bench him or sell him?”

I’m delighted the stupid cunt got sent off so stupidly today, in front of the new owners and the watching world. Makes it that much more likely he’ll not play for us again (in any meaningful way).

His attitude since the day he arrived has been utter shit

Shelvey has always stood out in our squads for being an unprofessional idiot who couldn't give a fuck, as well as being a worthless player.

At least the rest of them, even if they're largely shit, have more often than not, been willing triers.

Edited by TheInfiniteOdyssey

He's played well for us in spells tbf, first half of the Championship season, latter half of 17/18. But that's it. He's not done well since then, in spite of scoring 6 goals in 19/20. Should've gone 2 years ago. The way he got those yellow cards is unforgivable, just like Hendrick v Southampton at home last season.

6 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

He's played well for us in spells tbf, first half of the Championship season, latter half of 17/18. But that's it. He's not done well since then, in spite of scoring 6 goals in 19/20. Should've gone 2 years ago. The way he got those yellow cards is unforgivable, just like Hendrick v Southampton at home last season.

the amount of time and space he got on the ball, especially in the first half of the season was ridiculous.

4 hours ago, Ste said:

I mean, I can understand the need to keep the team's structure in the middle of the park but Shelvey has taken it too literally by just standing or walking. :lol:

3 minutes ago, ElDiablo said:

Why does he bow his head as if he's straining to see when he's faced with any sort of defensive duty. Anyone else noticed that? Like "look I'm really concentrating, not my fault I won't get within 5 yards of this cunt"

He does this thing where he hunches his shoulders too.  Like he's trying to emulate what he thinks a good defender looks like.  He's yards off and he shuffles his feet and then the guy is past him.

Within 5 mins of coming on he had stopped tracking back, well in fairness he was nonchalantly walking back just not running or even fucking jogging.

Both fouls were unnecessary. He will be better under and actual coach but everyone will be. He is an utter liability and a waste of potential. First out the door in January. Some poor set of fuckers will buy him.

Guest reefatoon

You knew exactly what he was going to do when he was sent off. Knew for a fact he was going to foul the player when he couldn't keep up with him. He's shite.

4 minutes ago, huss9 said:

his first one was just a bloody kick at the player.

It was childish, the player wasn't in a dangerous position, he just didn't like getting showed up

He's an absolute moron, can't see anyone buying him so think it's a case of him running his contract down 

4 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

You knew exactly what he was going to do when he was sent off. Knew for a fact he was going to foul the player when he couldn't keep up with him. He's shite.

To be fair to him he "took one for the team" as spurs would probably have scored!!

Thanks for the service Jonjo but I'd definitely say it's time to start moving on.

Always wondered if he's even happy here as he really is deadpan in any interview. Might just be his thing I suppose.