Jonjo Shelvey (now playing for Çaykur Rizespor, on loan from Nottingham Forest)

Guest ManDoon

1 hour ago, The Butcher said:

Bollocks 😂

Come to the next Lockwood Cup (if I’m fit and well to play) and find out for yourself. Although I’m more of a goalscorer…

Not arsed by that question at all. Hopefully might give him a further kick up the backside. Would be amazed if his lack of fitness hasn’t gone unnoticed/become some form of in-joke by players and staff tbh.

For the wages we’ll be paying and realistically what more we can get out of him, he’s still someone I’d look to replace and get shot of as a priority.

• 3 weeks later...

Has to be the worst taker of corners since the classic Set Penis to Williamson days. 

Leicester cannot stop conceding from set pieces and we just floated them in like it was a friendly match. I was seething after each corner tbh. 

He does it time and time again, gives us the real him, ie turd.. no tracking back, average passing, never imposes himself on a game etc.

Then has 1 or maybe 2 half decent games for us. Reset button. Repeat. How he's lasted as long at the club as he has is a mystery. Rafa knew.

Eddie, you should know by now. It's close enough now until January, you can start getting these cunts away from the first team, at least give the young lads a taste of it. We're on a hiding to nothing anyway.

• 1 month later...
Guest reefatoon

Think the biggest shock today was he didn’t get sent off after he was carded in the first 5 minutes. Thought it was going to be nailed on.

Repeating myself again and people slating me for it :lol: - He is the worst passenger player we have. No engine, terrible tackler, terrible positioning, half-assing air duels, prone to giving away stupid fouls and an amazing assister to the opponent team. His defensive playmaker position is fucking useless cause he cant protect the defense at any fucking point. Always behind the play by 10 steps. Stop playing him dear god.

He had his 3-4 game spell of looking like he had turned the corner and was going to kick on. Just like he has done a good number of times in the past. 

Been back to his usual self for weeks now. Just ambling about at a leisurely pace, pointing to others to do his job and just moaning about anything and everything. 

1 minute ago, Minhosa said:

A fundamental problem is his lack of athleticism imho. He needs to go.

No coincidence that Rafa wanted to bin him and that we played our best football under Rafa with Longstaff/Hayden in the middle.

Sick of saying this now, but seems no one else sees it that way. As long as you can spray the odd fancy pass, then you are a quality player, regardless of the fact the opposition are running rings round you for 90 mins. 

On 20/11/2021 at 23:32, Bompeter said:

Will inevitably revert to type soon and leave people feeling like dickheads for allowing themselves to forget what an absolute waste of space clown he is. 

*wheels away in celebration* 

Fucking pony and one of the reasons why we’re so easy to score against. Give the ball away about 6 times in a row with his fucking hollywood passes and is nowhere to be seen defensively. Also shoots whenever he has the ball near the box instead of passing to someone who could put it in the fucking net. 

On 26/11/2021 at 14:06, ManDoon said:

His stats for us are abysmal. Aside from the championship season. The highest amount of assists he got is 3 in a season. 

Its shocking that people want to keep this guy in the team.

Guest ManDoon

Hated him for ages. Horrible athlete, horrible footballer, cant run, can’t even pass anymore. Brainless tackles, horrible game awareness 

Agree with all of above, given way Howe is setting the team up, Shelvey playing in front of defence is an insurmountable handicap. He gets ball played to feet off CBs and nearly always plays it backwards before moving himself into a position where he's not going to get ball again. Contribution without the ball is abysmal, terrible decisions, rash tackles and just generally does a shit impression of someone who is making an effort but is always looking for the easy way out. No amount of loopy lofted passes can change that.

In summary, I fucking hate him and we'd improve massively for nearly any other half decent holding midfielder in his place.