Jonjo Shelvey (now playing for Çaykur Rizespor, on loan from Nottingham Forest)

Guest ManDoon

Guest Biggsbond14
3 minutes ago, Anderson said:

Pathetic, hope we plant a case of cans in his suitcase when they’re away in Saudi.

Drugs and he wouldn’t get back out 

16 minutes ago, Anderson said:

Pathetic, hope we plant a case of cans in his suitcase when they’re away in Saudi.

I read it quickly and I thought this post was about putting him in a suitcase. If you know what I mean by 'him'... :pokerface:

Edited by Dinho lad

I remember when we signed him and everyone was laughing at Swansea for selling their "best" player to a relegation rival. That went well. Fast forward six years and it looks like Wood and Burnley could be the same scenario.

27 minutes ago, Beth said:

I remember when we signed him and everyone was laughing at Swansea for selling their "best" player to a relegation rival. That went well. Fast forward six years and it looks like Wood and Burnley could be the same scenario.

Eh? I remember it being seen as an underwhelming signing until his debut against West Ham when he was insane. Never played like that since.

I don't even think he was starting for them when they sold him?

Edited by Hanshithispantz

Can't say owt more than what everyone else has said, but have to just fucking say that I'm fucking sick of the sight of this turnip. He can ping a pass, that's it. Doesn't help the defence, doesn't help the attack. Between him and Longstaff there is absolutely nothing going on. 

Problem with this fucker is laziness, he's actually got ability. He generally receives the ball from one of the CBs about 20 yards inside his own half and under no pressure. He then turns and the whole game is in front of him. Problem is he's got 2 CBs, his keeper behind him so he's got 7 possible targets being marked by 10 outfield players. He always either rolls it 15 yards to one of his CBs who've split or pings it 40 yards and crosses his fingers. Not once have I seen the cunt have the bollocks to bring the ball 30 yards forward into midfield. Not once does he ever lay it off quickly then try and find a bit of space. He never gets involved at the business end of the pitch, he's perfectly happy to just coast along - predictable, safe, cowardly CM. He's up there with Colback now imo. 

Had a slight upturn in form at the beginning of the new era, he was getting called Jonjo on here for a bit :D, but it didn`t take long for him to revert to type. Found it incredible he lasted the full game today without being hooked, he offered nothing, absolutely nothing

On 10/01/2016 at 19:02, ManDoon said:

Normally I wouldn't really want him, but our midfield is disgusting so he'd be easily our best CM.  If he gets colback out the team I'll be over the moon.

"Shelvey/Longstaff or Anita/Colback?

Can’t believe I’m even saying it but Anita/Colback. At least they could run?"

When life comes full circle.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

Guest ManDoon
16 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

"Shelvey/Longstaff or Anita/Colback?

Can’t believe I’m even saying it but Anita/Colback. At least they could run?"

When life comes full circle.

:lol: depressing, very very depressing.  This team is literally gonna drive me into an early grave 

Guest ManDoon
Just now, Vinny Green Balls said:

Never would have imagined that we'd still have this plodder on six years later if I knew how shit he was going to be.

He was insane on his debut. It was like he gave up after that. His career is marred by that.

I can't stand Shelvey - Just doesn't graft enough for the team - never looks like he cares.  The worst thing is I don't think it is his lack of ability - I just think he's lazy.  Rarely makes himself available in attack - he thinks it's enough to try and ping a pass now and again.  Does the bare minimum to pick up his wages.  If you compare his work rate to that of Joelinton - they are miles apart.  I would be curious to see the miles he covered today as he looked stationary for much of the match.

7 hours ago, worthy said:

Repeating myself again and people slating me for it :lol: - He is the worst passenger player we have. No engine, terrible tackler, terrible positioning, half-assing air duels, prone to giving away stupid fouls and an amazing assister to the opponent team. His defensive playmaker position is fucking useless cause he cant protect the defense at any fucking point. Always behind the play by 10 steps. Stop playing him dear god.

6 hours ago, ManDoon said:

Hated him for ages. Horrible athlete, horrible footballer, cant run, can’t even pass anymore. Brainless tackles, horrible game awareness 

These. Also hate that he likes to point and direct other players when he himself does nothing. Absolute passenger who thinks he is far smarter than he is, and one of the players I would like to see jettisoned ASAP.

If he was to spend some time out the team I think we would see an improvement in both performances and results. He contributes nothing that others can’t. On the ball he gets it off the cbs and plays it to the fullbacks. 

His lack of effort to shut players down allows them to pick passes or drive forward, we play with one man down when he is on the pitch, he’s up there with Colback and Smith for levels of uselessness. We are always under pressure with him in the 11 and in possession we find it difficult to get the team up the pitch. 

The defence is getting a lot of grief but let’s remember these are the same players who performed so well under Rafa when they were afforded protection, if you are constantly under pressure mistakes and openings will appear. 

Howe likes to play possession football but he must surely have realised he can’t with this charlatan in the side. If he is analytical as he says he’ll be the first out when either Hayden is back or a new cm is bought. 

To have any chance of staying up he has to benched and both a defensive midfielder and one who can get beyond the forwards needs to come in.